Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/4/2003 4:23:23 AM EST
I'm looking for a AR pistol length gas tube - where is the best place to look??

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:22:28 PM EST
JoePA, Just a straight gas tube? No pigtail or anything fancy?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:13:18 AM EST
yes sir... a "normal" tube for a 7.5" barrel... thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:43:39 AM EST
Try any of the parts sellers that offer short uppers. Model 1 sales, M and A- even Bushmaster sell the short uppers. So they should be able to sell the short gas tube....
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:43:53 AM EST
I was thinking the same thing. I would go with whoever makes the barrel tho. In those oddball lengths there may be some variation in the gas tubes lengths between makers. Which brand of barrel?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:17:40 AM EST
This is a little project I'm undertaking. I filed a Form 1 to build an integrally supressed 300/221 upper. I have a 300/221 barrel that was damaged, but 7.1" inches remains usable from the chamber out... so, I want to get a pistol gas tube to start planning where I need to position my gas block, etc... just compiling a list of sources and making plans at the moment, not buying any parts until my "stamp" gets returned... then, I'll build the can to 16.1" OAL and i'm good to go...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:45:32 AM EST
I've got a set of plans for the 6" barrels. Would they be any help? You'd have to fiddle with the gas port size but the plan has the contour and dimensions.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:57:38 PM EST
Tweak, that would be very helpful... i'm sure it will flatten my learning curve!!! i'll IM you...
Top Top