Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:08:44 PM EDT
I am planning to build an AR pistol to play around with. I have built two AR's and am currently building a third, so I am not new to the AR world.

I have read these posts about the pistol not always cycling properly and that part of this is caused by the short duration of gas pressure. I am also an AK nut - and it seems that the Krinkov is not subject to this problem near as bad. Now I know this is like comparing apples to oranges, but hear me out. The Krinkov has a special flash suppressor that also acts as a muzzle booster much like the browning 1919 and M2. It helps retain enough gas pressure long enough to let the action cycle properly.

Now, is there any reason why we couldn't come up with something similiar to use with the AR and hopefully allieviate much of these problems. Input is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a suppressor. Or just buy an entry stock buffer and  have a carbine gas system, that helps too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I know the carbine buffer/tube works better, but that just defeats the purpose of the pistol. I know it may seem trivial, but that just destroys the "look" of the pistol.

I plan on purchasing a few suppressors in various calibers in the near future, but a weapon should be able to cycle without one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe go with a longer barrel?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, yeah that would help, but again - that would defeat the purpose of a very compact pistol variant. As soon as I get another lower and a 7.5 pistol kit, I will machine something up and test it out. Guess I need to get a Krink muzzle device to take apart and see what makes it tick..........
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wasn't there a thread around where people bought wolff 1911 springs and fixed the problem?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top