Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2005 4:42:38 AM EDT
Primarily at 50 and 100 yards! What kind of accuracy do you get with your pistol? Please state range, bbl. lenght, iron sights or optics, rest or free hand, and results.
Please only first hand experiences need respond as I plan a build and do not want to do so based on, "he said,she said" or "I had a friend that told me" type information! your input is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'll actually have to go shoot mine on paper one of these days.....

But, so far.....

Iron sights
11" barrel
On a rest

Out of a 20rnd mag, I can hit a 24" steel gong at 200 and 250 yds 80% of the time using Wolf ammo....

Not what you were looking for I would guess.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
My AR Pistol has a 7.5" barrel.  With a SPOT sight mounted I can hit 8" steel plates set out at 100 meters every time.  I shoot my pistol just like I would a rifle except nothing touches my shoulder.  I get the same cheek weld as I would with a rifle so I have three points of contact (cheek, grip, & fore end).  I put a Krinkov Flash Hider made by Noveski on it and this is one sweet and accurate package.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
building a 50 beowulf currently.  don't know if that will help, but i'll post when i've tested it.

have you tried DPMS or Busy?  they surely have some testimonial or idea how the stuff they sell performs.  every time i have asked for something via email, i have been responded to.

sorry, that's all i know.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushy, not "busy"...

sorry.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I built a 11" bbl, 7.62x39 pistol and shoot barnaul ammo.  Offhand at 25-30 yards I can place every shot into the silhouette's head with either iron sights or a red dot.  I get about 1.5" groups at 50 yds with the pistol held to my cheek with iron sights, but the recoil is heavy.  I can only take about 1 full mag before the flinching starts in.  I took it to a longer distance range and shot at the (10-12"?) 220 yd gong off a sandbag.  After 3 or 4 rounds to find where to aim I hit the gong twice in the next 4 or so shots (using kentucky windage due to the thing being sighted in for a 30 yd zero and how the round has a mortar-style trajectory).  I was aiming about 16" low at 220 yds to hit the gong, but I did it.  Twice.  Just to prove I could with a pistol.  

BTW, the accuracy of the ejected rounds is pretty good too.  Last time out I was able to hit the guy next to me over and over again in the head with spent cases!  I'm sure that between that and the flash/bang of the pistol he was cursing up a storm.  Too bad I couldn't hear him with my 'ears' on!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine shoots Minute of Car.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
My SBR has a Model 1 chrome-lined 7.5" upper. With A2 iron sights, I can keep 10-shot groups of Q3131A on the black of an NRA 200yd target (oh, maybe a 12" group) at 200yds. This is with the short irons, mind you... I'm sure it would group better with optics and match ammo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#8]
This is a big help in that I can decide exactly what I want in my pistol. You have all helped a great deal already! The results I was looking for are on the money. Consistant hit's to 200 yds.hink

Kaliburz: Your in the ball park bud!hat

septic-tank13: OUCH! you won't have a pistol, you will have a cannon! hat!
rsc: pretty good for an SKS round in a pistol!

AKsRule: Now, I know who stole my car! I'm calling your mom!hat
StealthyBlagga: This is what I was looking for was the hort WITH IRONS @ 200, from a pistol!headbang.gif
Do you shoot it like a carbine or a pistol?

I have seen a couple at the tanneryshop's web-site with out buffer tubes, and some where else as well. Any body got any insight on this? I really would like to omit the buffer tube if possible?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#9]
My next project will be a 7.62x25 upper..... as soon as Marty does more RnD......

Tanneryshop w/out buffer..... were they gas operated or manual pull back?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#11]
My Hbar pistol, a mega build gave me three inch groups. Some times with win white box I got two inch groups. 11.5 Brl.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
was averaging 3MOA in the 100 yd tunnel using 55 gr American Eagle, optics,rested, 6" OA-93s

Got any pics.?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
this was more than 10 years ago chief

Thats cool. I have decided on the caliber! It was to be just .223.hen"whisper"his
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
StealthyBlagga: This is what I was looking for was the from a short bbl. This is totally acceptable! WITH IRONS @ 200, from a pistol!

My short upper is installed on a registered Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) so it has a regular carbine stock. The groups I mentioned were achieved shooting from a "mag rest" prone position. Here is my baby:

Well worth the $200 and 6 month wait .
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
StealthyBlagga: This is what I was looking for was the hort WITH IRONS @ 200, from a pistol!headbang.gif

My short upper is installed on a registered Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) so it has a regular carbine stock. The groups I mentioned were achieved shooting from a "mag rest" prone position. Here is my baby:

www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/4628Stealthy_s_SBR-med.JPG

Well worth the $200 and 6 month wait hr

That is sweet!hat
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top