Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:07:27 PM EST
So about a month and a half ago I purchased a very lightly used Bushmaster XM15 E2S A3 20". I picked this gun up at the bargain price of $575. I would like to add a flash suppresor and bayonet lug and have been considering sending it in to adco to have the work done.

Basically my question is am I considering the right thing or should I just look into a new upper. As stated in the title of this topic I am fairly new to all of this and want to make sure I dont make any stupid mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:10:23 PM EST
Do you like the 20" size? if so then sent it out for the work. A new upper will cost you much more than the work you want done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:13:04 PM EST
I do like the gun.. a lot. The main reason behind my question is that after I looked at new uppers.. i saw that the price was a bit steep. I am really leaning towards sending it out for the work.. but I am just wondering what other options I may have.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:17:22 PM EST
You could just have them rebarrel. That would give you the benefit of like new gun, change barrel length and no work (buy a no ban barrel). Also you could have them cut to a different size, then thread the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:51:58 PM EST
I have the same rifle. I am going to send mine to adco for the same work as soon as I get my new LE6920 paid off. I would just send it out to adco if I were you and have the FH and BL added then buy a new upper later.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:04:53 PM EST
I've got a bushy 20" A2 "post ban" with about 4000 rounds thru it...after reading this site heavily for months and gleaning out everything the Army never told me (or maybe I was just too young and stupid to listen, who knows, it was a long time ago) I'm going to buy the right tools and a new barrell and re-barrell it myself. It's about the same price (the tools) as having someone do it for me, although if I were going to send it off, it would definately be ADCO, you won't go wrong with that route either...

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:32:39 PM EST
I think I will give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully I will get it sent off next week.. cant do it now.. must shoot this weekend :)

Thanks for the opinions/help guys.
Top Top