Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 5:07:27 PM EDT
So about a month and a half ago I purchased a very lightly used Bushmaster XM15 E2S A3 20".  I picked this gun up at the bargain price of $575.  I would like to add a flash suppresor and bayonet lug and have been considering sending it in to adco to have the work done.

Basically my question is am I considering the right thing or should I just look into a new upper.  As stated in the title of this topic I am fairly new to all of this and want to make sure I dont make any stupid mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you like the 20" size? if so then sent it out for the work. A new upper will cost you much more than the work you want done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I do like the gun.. a lot.  The main reason behind my question is that after I looked at new uppers.. i saw that the price was a bit steep.  I am really leaning towards sending it out for the work.. but I am just wondering what other options I may have.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You could just have them rebarrel. That would give you the benefit of like new gun, change barrel length and no work (buy a no ban barrel). Also you could have them cut to a different size, then thread the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same rifle. I am going to send mine to adco for the same work as soon as I get my new LE6920 paid off. I would just send it out  to adco if I were you and have the FH and BL added then buy a new upper later.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a bushy 20" A2 "post ban" with about 4000 rounds thru it...after reading this site heavily for months and gleaning out everything the Army never told me (or maybe I was just too young and stupid to listen, who knows, it was a long time ago) I'm going to buy the right tools and a new barrell and re-barrell it myself.  It's about the same price (the tools) as having someone do it for me, although if I were going to send it off, it would definately be ADCO, you won't go wrong with that route either...

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I will give them a call tomorrow.  Hopefully I will get it sent off next week.. cant do it now.. must shoot this weekend :)

Thanks for the opinions/help guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top