Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 5:21:48 PM EDT
I am always trying to get talked out of it but for some reason I am hung up on getting one of these.  From the looks of it the Bushmaster is out because I live in NJ.  I have shot the Spikes Tactical one and also have looked at the RRA one.  The hardest thing to get past with the Spikes is the price. My local range/gun shop had a few of them for 1395.

Anyone have their own opinions/experience with these?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a factory RRA 9mm carbine that runs like a top and is a joy to shoot.  The only thing I can say bad about it is that I had to wait for a long time after I ordered it.  I have a 9mm SBR that has many Spikes' parts, particularly the barrel.  Very nice as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an RRA 9mm as well.  So far, it's run 100%.  It's a really fun gun, but I'll probably sell the upper since I got my 7.62x25.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a factory RRA 9mm carbine that runs like a top and is a joy to shoot.  The only thing I can say bad about it is that I had to wait for a long time after I ordered it.  I have a 9mm SBR that has many Spikes' parts, particularly the barrel.  Very nice as well.

My SBR'd 9 also has a lot of Spike's parts.  I went with the Lothar Walther 5" 3 lug and love it.  It is a stupidly accurate barrel.  Which barrel did you go with?

OP, Spike's sells their complete 9mm for $1125.  You might want to see what it would cost for a local FFL to do a transfer for you.  You definitely will like shooting the 9mm, it's a blast.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a pic of one of the Spikes ones they have. They also have it with all the same parts in all black which I like and would get.

Is it worth the $1395. I really can figure out why its that much when on the Spikes website its $1125

http://www.tnjconsulting.net/sp.jpg
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is a pic of one of the Spikes ones they have. They also have it with all the same parts in all black which I like and would get.

Is it worth the $1395. I really can figure out why its that much when on the Spikes website its $1125

I wouldn't pay that for it.  I would buy an RRA or put one together yourself.  I have two,  One factory RRA and one with a Bushmaster lower (RRA block) and RRA upper.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is what I can see that it has extra

1125 base gun
15 pin stock(NJ)
40 for fake sup
120 for the rear site
20 for the grip

Thats still only 1325...am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is what I can see that it has extra

1125 base gun
15 pin stock(NJ)
40 for fake sup
120 for the rear site
20 for the grip

Thats still only 1325...am I missing something?

If all that stuff is exactly the way you like it, then it might be worth it to you.  I bought my RRA base gun for $985 I believe.  I have about $800 in the one I put together.

By the way, if that's a Magpul MBUS sight I'm seeing on there. $120 is way too much for it.  You can buy one for less than $50.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA make quality 9mm's.

But CMMG is nice as well.

And I like my 9mm, 45 acp and 10mm Olympic Arms rifles.

That is pretty expensive.

You could get it shipped to your FFL cheaper - I think.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the one with the black MOA handguard is sold so they have the green and all black in the regular handguard.  Price is now $1195 with the fake can on the barrel...sound good?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Build it the way you like it

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:10:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Damn

I really have to get one of those DDLES lowers one of these days...  That is sweet
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#14]
would you sell 5.56 to buy 9mm ar?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Colt 9mm AR and it is surprisingly accurate.
I have never had a jam out of it.
Loads of fun to shoot.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's pretty bad-ass for a NJ weapon. I'm a New Jersey refugee. I escaped about 20 years ago. I have a no ban Colt 6450 9mm and it's a ton of fun. Recoil from a 9mm AR is surprisingly stout. More than 5.56, but not uncomfortable.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top