Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:26:13 AM EDT
Do flash suppressors get hardend after manufacture / before parkerizing?

If not what type of steel are they using? "hardness"

Would aluminum flash SUPPRESSORS be safe? if made to the same specs? is there a aluminum that would be worthy of stregth say T6 , 6061?

just curious for the time being......

I think a machinist could answer these....

Capone
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be weary of aluminum as a FH material. If the FH was bumped hard or the weapon dropped it could bend into the bullets path when exiting the barrel. Or possibly even crack.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
YOU, two guys need to review this thread as your terminology SUCKS.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=265180, for the difference between a flash-HIDER and a flash-SUPPRESSOR.

BTW, your both speaking of "suppressors" not "hiders"

Mike
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Flash suppressors are not hardened.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
YOU, two guys need to review this thread as your terminology SUCKS.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=265180, for the difference between a flash-HIDER and a flash-SUPPRESSOR.

BTW, your both speaking of "suppressors" not "hiders"

Mike

Well thanks Mr. Wilson for enlightening me on the world of flash hiders, muzzle breaks     and flash suppressors!  But you see, I knew what AlCapone meant by the terminology used in his question and don’t feel the need to be an “AR terminology Nazi”!!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 Quib. I hate those kind of replies as well. If you don't want to answer the question posed, just STFU!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
fixed terminoligy to please yet more people, sorry

woke up to eairly this morning
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
+1 Quib. I hate those kind of replies as well. If you don't want to answer the question posed, just STFU!

It’s the internet and I try not to let it get to me. I’ve been a member here on ARFCOM for some time now and regardless of someone’s  weapons terminology, if I understand the question being asked, and  can add some positive input, I will.

One thing I won’t do is spout off to the guy on the other key board , first out of respect, second because I have absolutely no clue about the other guys experience level. First time poster or a member with 10,000 posts, I try to treat every one with the respect I would like in return.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top