Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2004 1:07:59 AM EDT
Who makes the best ar finish I have owned an oly and a bushmaster and by far the bushmaster finish is better.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
are you talking about factory finish or aftermarket refinishing products?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The finishes are all anodizing, which although is somewhat of an art it usually turns out about the same.  I have found the biggest difference is in surface prep...  if I do a good job sanding the receiver to remove marks and blemishes (followed by sand blasting) the anodizing ends up looking great.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The finish used by LMT is unbelievable. Awesome may be better description.

It is called Duracoat which sounds kind of generic, but the reality is that it is somewhere between a blued finish, and a bushmaster style finish- which I would consider almost unfinished.

It is smooth, yet not glossy. It resists knick marks and other typical blemishes that some finishes do not.

I not a pimp for LMT, but I havent seen another with the quality finish they do- but I havent seen a LesBaer- which is known for quality finish, nor a Knights which I understand is also one of the better choices.

my $.02
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Factory finish I have noticed that some factory finishes are different and was wondering which is better
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Rock River has some of the nicest factory finish I've used.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The finish on my bushy is great of course.  Only thing that bugs me is the upper is more black than the lower.  So I basically have a two colored ar15.  :\
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top