Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:52:49 PM EDT
Well, I got the upper back and she now has her "final look"

Forgive the quality of the pictures, the camera is good, but poor lighting. I trimmed them down to help with file sizes.

I'll GUARANTEE you've never seen one like it, and she is the uber-anti-tactical AR. I plan a trip to the range this week, and I'll put results in. But, she has previously shot well.

Enjoy the pics.

No Expert

Oh...and for those that ask "Why?" Why not? Cause I could.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:55:11 PM EDT
hey, as long as you're happy!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:47:37 PM EDT
Is that DSA wood furniture? The stock is nice, but that PG...

Nice forearm too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:05:13 PM EDT
Satisfied with the ATN scope? I've never been brave enough to be the guinea pig, so your thoughts would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:13:52 PM EDT
I'm sorry but that is the mosy horrible thing I have ever seen. It makes the baby Jesus cry.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:19:10 PM EDT
you need to laminate evrything else in that wood color to get it to match
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:36:36 PM EDT
BAD A$$, watched you build it from the begining, nice work. I wish I had the same ability!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 8:20:44 PM EDT by No_Expert]

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Is that DSA wood furniture? The stock is nice, but that PG...

Nice forearm too.

I don't recall who I got the stock from originally... The PG is the PSG1 style. not comfortable for a lefty at all. Great in the right hand.
The forearm is stainless steel rods, heavy front end to hold down recoil. Combine that with the adjustable gas block to send only enough gas to cycle the action, and the recoil was pretty much gone... added the brake to reduce it more, and since more gas goes out front than normal (due to the adj gas block) more gas can be used by the brake.

Originally Posted by johndoexu:
Satisfied with the ATN scope? I've never been brave enough to be the guinea pig, so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes, so far so good... illuminated reticle is cool when shooting for contrast. I have not had the opportunity to take it somewhere where I could test out the BDC as I've only shot out tyo 100 yds.

Originally Posted by YELLOWV:
I'm sorry but that is the mosy horrible thing I have ever seen. It makes the baby Jesus cry.

Baby Jesus needed a spanking anyway.

Originally Posted by donovan007007:
you need to laminate evrything else in that wood color to get it to match

Yeah, but no one has developed a functioned wooden lower yet. I was thinking about changing the color of the black parts to brown. But I'll keep the steel/black/wood motif.

Originally Posted by teveler:
BAD A$$, watched you build it from the begining, nice work. I wish I had the same ability!!!

Yeah, I spent way more money on it than I could have built a "plain" one for, but I'll never sell it... so it's priceless to me. Only thing to do now is have it engraved. Family heirloom.

No Expert

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:22:47 AM EDT
looks freaking awesome. The wood is very classy, and all the JP stuff up front gives it that space-gun look.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:09:06 AM EDT
These aren't the droids you're looking for.............Move along
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:28:46 AM EDT
I like it! I wouldnt do it to my AR's but i like it on yours!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:45:07 AM EDT
I personally don't like the forearm but that wood stock sure looks good... A more standard wood pistol grip and one of the old DSA SP-1 style wood handguards might be a setup I would try...

No.... not really... but I am glad you shared the pics
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:18:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 1:35:58 PM EDT by No_Expert]
Isn't there a catagory in competition called "space gun"?

I'm hoping to get the gun out to the range in the next couple days to see how it shoots with the new muzzle break.

No Expert
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:37:02 PM EDT
Very nice ! I really like the wood stock and grip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:02:45 AM EDT
To each his own.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:21:32 AM EDT
I like it!

It's nice to see something a different!
Top Top