Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:49:39 PM EDT
My New NM RRA A2 is a great rifle, but it spits brass to hell and gone.

I have heard of some folks tuning there exjector to dump brass rather close and neat.

How do you do it? I know I could pull the ejector, hack off some coils etc.... but I am hoping there is a technique!

I am also left handed and this would help my spotting scope see less abuse as well.

Is this a good idea? This is purely a competition gun. My work guns can spit all they want!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 2:47:44 PM EDT by warren-hpf]
www.gswagner.com/arejector/arejector.html

here is a link to a good tutorial on moding the ejector. This is a common modification to NM rifles; my White Oak upper came with the ejector spring cut. My brother used those directions to tune his ejection on his RRA NM A2 and he put almost 2,000 round through it without a fail to eject. Actually, I don't think he's had an alabi yet.

This should put your brass right over the line at 2 o'clock.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:57:14 PM EDT
I did the mod, and brass certainly went out to 2 o'clock, forward of the firing line. That is actually worse than the standard ejection path because now my brass is out of reach until the line is safe. I am a pretty fast shooter and I am usually done with standing and prone slow in about 10 to 12 minutes.

The way the rifle comes, all my empties end up at 4 o'clock about four feet away (behind the firing line). That way I can safe my rifle and police my brass as soon as I am done shooting, without bothering anyone else.

It's kind of an unwritten rule that you wear shorts to a highpower match at your own risk.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:07:46 PM EDT
i think those strap on deflectors are legal. i got one for my 308 slickside, but havent tried it yet.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:36:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By infsqdldr:
i think those strap on deflectors are legal.

Yes they are. They constitute an "authorized external modification" according to CMP service rifle rules.
Top Top