Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:48:07 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a better trigger than JEWELL? I'm looking to put a new Trigger in a new lower and have a Jewell in one of my ARs now it work real good was just wondering if there's a better one out there?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]

I prefer tha Accuracy Speaks trigger available through Brownells.

IMHO it is the best, most reliable single stage trigger available.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC's in all of mine, no complaints. Never tried a Jewel though so I don't know if it's better/worse/or the same.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Milazzo, a couple of Jewells and an Mk Knight/KAC what ever you want to call it and although they are all pretty good I'ld rank then #1 Milazzo; #2 KAC; #3 Jewell.  These are all two stage.

As far as two stage versus single stage(I don't have any singel stage triggers on rifles) the two stage takes a tad longer to operate if you're going to use it to it's fullest potential.   A single stage has no take up and breaks from the point where it's at when you put your finger on it.  It makes for quick sure breaks when you're trying to be fast on multiple targets.  The two stage has it's advantage when you have a couple of seconds to get on target and place a shot in the eye hole.  The first stage makes the second feel much lighter and if done right you don't even have a conscience pull to break, You just "think" it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Id like to find out more about the Chip Mc Cormick ones.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Did a google search and some guy said he didn't like the weight adjustment on it.  He described it as having to "bend the trigger spring."  Is this how it really is?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did a google search and some guy said he didn't like the weight adjustment on it.  He described it as having to "bend the trigger spring."  Is this how it really is?

That's right.  There are no adjustments on the Accuracy Speaks trigger - just a perfect "glass rod" break.

I have them on all my AR's and they all break at about 4# or a little less with stock AR hammer and trigger springs.

If you want a lower weight break, you can either bend the trigger spring or install lighter weight springs available from several sources.

These triggers are designed to be absolutely reliable, single stage triggers and I have found them to be just that.

If you want a "bench rest" type trigger not suitable for defensive use, then get any of the adjustable two-stage triggers out there.

Just my 2 yen.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top