Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/25/2004 6:19:47 AM EST
Hello all, I am purchasing a Post Ban AR15 locally for a FTF transfer, my question is can I go on my merry way once the transaction is complete, or do I need to register it like a handgun?


Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:36:31 AM EST


If your new toy has a collapsible stock and measures under 30" with the stock collapsed, you'd need to go the purchase permit/inspection route, just like you would for a handgun...

Since SBR's of any sort are quite illegal in this state, I'll assume that at a minimum you're talking a 16" barrel, and even with the stock collapsed you'll still be over 30" on an AR...

FYI, that AG 30" length ruling was aimed pretty much at the Uzi, the AR's pass it easily...

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:43:07 PM EST
Sounds good thanks DakrStar
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:32:35 AM EST
I just reread Darkstars reply so does that mean that I CAN have a collapsible stock on a post ban as long as it'a over 30" collapsed?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:35:25 AM EST
After September 13th--Yes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:14:32 AM EST
Ok....not too long now!!
Top Top