Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2002 4:57:40 PM EDT
Posted over on Handguns forum, but got no response.

Need to know details of AR Pistols.  For instance:

How do they work?
Do they work? (Reliability)
Any special ammo requirements?
Legalities?
Can I use a kit and rifle lower?

Want everything to legit, not lookiong to break any laws.

Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]

How do they work?

They work just like any AR, but with a cut of bolt and a shorter recoil spring.

Do they work? (Reliability)

Most work well.

Any special ammo requirements?

Quality ammo.

Legalities?

Pre-ban, AOW, holy receiver or Professional Ordinance. Other than that, mostly illegal.

Can I use a kit and rifle lower?

No!

Bottom line: Wait for the AWB to sunset. Better yet, help it sunset.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No way to build one now. Only 100% legit Manufactured pistols were the Olympic OA93 and the Rocky Mountain Arms "Patriot" .223 pistols.
The professional Ord plastic pistols are both crap and illegal. There were some old Bushy pistols around..some worked/some didn't.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
There is another pistol....AR parts compatable.  It's made by Hesse....(yes, I mentioned Hesse).

There are some people who stated they have built a post ban legal one that is reliable....

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The professional Ord plastic pistols are both crap and illegal. There were some old Bushy pistols around..some worked/some didn't.

What makes you say that PO pistols are illegal? Do you have a source/link?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No way to build one now. Only 100% legit Manufactured pistols were the Olympic OA93 and the Rocky Mountain Arms "Patriot" .223 pistols.
View Quote

I think gunsmoke made a pistol and there was the Australian SAp sp? pistol too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The Australian SAP was great...AR180 type operation w/ AK gas system...then the Australian govt. shut them and all other mfg in Australia out of business....and guess what...crime went up !
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top