Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2014 12:57:21 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking to build an AR pistol and have a couple of questions.  I've been checking around for some deals on some 7.5" complete uppers, but have noticed that there are some deals out there for the pieces to be purchased separately which would allow me to save some money and customize the upper as to what I want.  As far as assembling them, is it pretty much the same as the carbine and regular size lengths or is it a bit trickier with the way that the gas system is setup being a shorter barrel?  I've also noticed that there are different options available as to the barrel material, some being SS, chrome moly, and chrome lined, melonite nitride, etc..  Does that make much of a difference?  I've got my eye on a Red Barn Armory 7.5" 1/9 twist chrome lined non mil spec and think that I will go with that purchase unless there is a better option out there.  I'm looking for something threaded so that I can add a flash suppressor on it eventually.

This pistol will be turned into an SBR eventually once I get my paperwork, but for now it will be a pistol.

Thanks for any help / advice.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top