Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:48:32 PM EDT
IF you are haveing trouble with your Ar Pistol. Just ask me. I have built enough of them. To help you out.

If you are using M1S Pistol kits. You might get one that might not cicle. If you are using the 1911 kit.(16 pound spring) Try using a softer spring. Are a lower grain bullet....

IF you are using a a car stly tub. You can try cutting the spring down two are three rings.... But I have cut 6 off one. The buffer spring was one of the silver, and stiff spring. That I had left over from another build...

One of the best pistol kit I have every built. Came From Model 1 Sales.....I have used almost everyones kits. And I keep going back to Model 1 Sales.

Now for the lowers.
RRA
DPMS
Lauer
LMT
Wilson Combat
Wilson Tactical
Double Star
Stag
Bushmaster
ASA(American Spirit Arms, Corp)
Mega
Armalite

Sorry no Colts!

If you are building your own. You might want to try out  The JP spring kit. And JP @ stag Triger Group..
I get most of my parts from Model 1 Sales, are Lone Star Whole Sale..
I use Texas Star Group  for barrels, and stripped uppers.
Because they always have the parts that I need.
If they do not have the parts they get them very fast......
For me...

The best Gun Oil I have every used...
Is Rem Oil with Teflon. All you have to do before you put it together. Is to spray it two are three times. And let it sep in. Do not whip it off. Just let it sep in.  The Rem Oil will penatrat the coating and make a layer of  Teflon...

You will realize that the parts go right in. And the coating on the parts are kind of hard to scratch..

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
cool thanks!

ill prob bug ya once i start my build
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you use that gun oil on all your guns?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.

Because when the Firearms warms up. The teflon will penatrate the metal even deeper. Which causes a coat of of teflon, to form on the metal.

For the guys. If you us it to clean your Ar15 barrels. Let it sook in after cleaning. Specialy the chrome molly barrels. It will leave a coating in it.  Because when you go to shot it next time the tefllon will peneatrate the metal. Which will cause a coat of teflon in it. Which will help the barrel last longer.

If you need anymore info please , email me are leave a IM.....

Nathan S

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Nate
I looked at edpmedic's pistol (Page 3 of The AR15 PISTOL INFORMATION THREAD posted 9-16-04) and was enamored with it. I realize that his upper is not the typical upper, in that it must be where the recoil spring is located. However, I am not familiar with the rest of the gun. I am new at this game so maybe the secret of his gun is that it is an OA98 (whatever that is).
Can you tell me anything about it ?   I emailed him with my ad@ but have not heard anything from him.
Roger
Central Ohio

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
HI NATE,
I WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS PLACE YEARS AGO, AWESOME SITE
ANYWAY YOU MENTIONED CUTTING THE SPRING IN THE CAR TUBE. I AM ALMOST DONE WITH MY PISTOL AND WAS WONDERING WHAT I SHOULD LOOK FOR WHEN I SHOOT IT TO DETERMINE HOW MUCH SPRING TO CUT?? ANY HELPFUL TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

VINNY        
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
First start witha 55 grain bullet. Winchester bullet is what Us...

Then try fireing it a few times. Make sure you have oiled it up..

Try fire 20 throught it first . to soften up the spring.

Then Tty one ring at a time. Butt make sure you are atleast fire 20 rounds between each ring cut..

If you have a old CAR spring that has been used in a rifle. try it first.

Nathan....

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
THANK YOU,
I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

VINNY  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet.  Do you use the oil every time you clean?  Do you ever find the teflon building up more than you want?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sweet.  Do you use the oil every time you clean?  Do you ever find the teflon building up more than you want?

No.    
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top