Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 8:19:59 AM EDT
They are grey, have a sticker on them that says England.. but no other markings that I could see... are they worth the $29.00 they are asking for them??
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:59:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 9:02:22 AM EDT by Charging_Handle]
Mercy no! Those English mags tend to get a good name. But they aren't worth that price. They are asking double the value of the mag.

That is unless it's all you are allowed to have there and these were ok'ed because they were pre-ban. Even so, that's still mighty steep.

I'm not familiar with MA law, but if you can get new production 30's, by all means, go with some of the cheap USGI spec mags that you can buy new for $12.

Check the EE forum for either new mags or some quality GI pre-ban 30 rounders if that's all you are allowed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:15:31 AM EDT
Thanks Charging Handle... here in Ma. we still have the AWB and it was written to mirror the Federal one... so what ever rules used to apply to the whole US.. still applies to the ppls republic of Taxachusetts. I can have mags shipped to me.. I dont know that anyone is really chasing ppl down for new or pre ban production mags.. either way.. I need more mags.. and I am going to get them. Just not sub standard mags.. which is why I needed to know if these mags were any good.hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:35:53 AM EDT
Keep an eye on the EE. I'm sure lots of people are selling their pre-ban mags to folks who need them like you, then turning around and buying new ones. The good news is, those pre-ban mags should be available to you now at a much lower cost than they were a few years ago, since there's only a few areas where pre-ban rules still apply. So don't let anyone overcharge you. I wouldn't pay more than $12-$15 per mag. In fact, I may order some new ones soon and let you have my old ones in that price range, if of course it's legal for me to ship them to your state.

Us gun owners gotta look out for each other.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 1:06:41 PM EDT by repub18]
I always love the shops the value their mags soooooo much.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:20:27 PM EDT
whoa!!!!!

­those are good mags but not that good.

$­10-12 at most
Top Top