Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:32 AM EDT
Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get a good ambidextrous or a lefty lower.

even a upper if you know would be great. Also if i get a lefty lower (if there is such a thing) would i be able to use the standard upper?

thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
All you need is an abbi safety switch.  STAG makes a complete lefty upper and I think the lower has the safety switch too.

Hope this helps

Max
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Many simply select their favorite lower -RRA, Colt Bushmaster, LMT, Stag- whatever- and use the ambidextrous selector

the true lefty aspect will be your upper. There are a few makers with port side eject although I cannot recall which (maybe Stag)

HTH
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I made my lower completely ambidex..t...e..r..o...u.......s?

I just installed a Norgon mag catch, and a RRA ambi selector.  The upper really shouldn't matter as long as you get one with a shell deflector.

Edited:  You can buy the setup I have straight from RRA by putting the options in on their website, but it would be cheaper if you install the parts yourself.  It's very easy to do, and minimal tools are required.  Actually, i think the only tool you need is a screwdriver to take off the handgrip...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys...i will probly go with the standard upper with the bump.

then get the amb. selector

thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top