Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2003 3:29:10 PM EDT
Does anyone make a lower that doesn't have right side fire control markings? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe some older Colts do not.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My preban Colt 6601 does not have right side fire control markings.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]
F you're looking to buy a new lower, I think the answer is no. It seems that the right side markings came in about the same time that all the makers went over to the A2 type lower, with the reinforced rear ring; and that happened about when the ban went into effect.

Obviously, you and I are in the same ball park on this.  I hate the right side markings,too, and I'm left handed[:D].  From a post awhile back from a guy who was on the Army or Marine team that developed the specs for the A2, the idea originally was to make the safety ambidextrous, which is why the markings were put on both sides. Higher authority nixed the ambi safety, but approved the right side markings. Typical government idiocy[;D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Olympic Arms doesn't have the right side markings. Or at least mine doesn't. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I've built four Olympics in the past two or three years and none of them had right side markings.  Olympic makes a very nice forged lower.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the help everyone. My idea (as crazy as it may sound) is to make some Vietnam era M16 replicas. Of course they will be semi-auto only AND post-ban. I'm trying to make them look as accurate as possible (if there is such a thing anymore). I think with the exception of the missing lug, they should look pretty close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top