Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2010 5:41:35 AM EDT
Just got a new S&W MP15 with the MOE furniture. IT is a flat top with the flip up rear magpul site. I want to put a Burris AR 332 scope on it, but want to keep the flip up as a back up in case the scope gets damaged and i need a back site ASAP. What are my mounting options so I can transistion from one siting system to the other without removing the scope? I am thinking some kind of "C" shaped mount that will put the scope high enough so as not to interfer with the flip site or an offset mount. What are your thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont think what you want is going to happen. what I have saw is some people use the american defense or larue acog mount with quick release levers and I think that is the only practical solution. yes I own one and looked it over to see if what you want is possible.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Burris AR332 mounted in an American Defense AD-B3. Because of the eye relief of the 332 you will not be able to pop up the BUIS with the scope attached. However with the QD mount, getting to the BUIS is a 5 second operation at best.

The setup is ok. Wish the AR332 had just a bit more eye relief. I have been using it on a Colt 6940 and it's been holding zero thru aprx 500 rounds. Most of my shooting is 100 yards and in so It's work well for me.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have a Burris AR332 mounted in an American Defense AD-B3. Because of the eye relief of the 332 you will not be able to pop up the BUIS with the scope attached. However with the QD mount, getting to the BUIS is a 5 second operation at best.

The setup is ok. Wish the AR332 had just a bit more eye relief. I have been using it on a Colt 6940 and it's been holding zero thru aprx 500 rounds. Most of my shooting is 100 yards and in so It's work well for me.

+1 on most of what was said above. I splurged for the ADM to add to my Burris AR332 and I run it on a "training gun" set up to mimic another carbine I have with an ACOG TA33G-H.

The ADM mount gives you the option to quickly dismount and discard the scope if by some amazing chance the optic was hit by an incoming round.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top