Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:31:09 PM EDT
Hello, I am new to the AR-15 scene, I have been a fan of the AK-47 for years. I am acquiring an Armalite M-15A2 rifle. I was wondering if parts such as the rear buttstock like the T-6 will fit from any AR-15 variable? are all the parts interchangeable internal and external? this help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Also this rifle has the Trijicon Tritium sites on it. Are there any accessories or replacement parts you would recommend for durability and reliability as well as function? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If using quality parts most of them will interchange.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello, I am new to the AR-15 scene, I have been a fan of the AK-47 for years. I am acquiring an Armalite M-15A2 rifle. I was wondering if parts such as the rear buttstock like the T-6 will fit from any AR-15 variable? are all the parts interchangeable internal and external? this help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Also this rifle has the Trijicon Tritium sites on it. Are there any accessories or replacement parts you would recommend for durability and reliability as well as function? Thanks in advance.

You can't put the AK butt stock on your AR, the recoil buffer/spring are inside the stock.

ETA: is that what you were asking?

Or did you mean, can you put a collapsible stock on the AR?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
 Unlike AK's that need parts replaced  with almost every magazine change, it is rare to have to replace any part of an AR-15.  Welcome to the high quality and reliablity of the AR.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
There are different types of buffer tubes and inner parts . One is called commercial and the other military. They both fit but will take different stocks as they are different in size. The buffers themselves come in different weights.Some like the --H-- buffer or heavy one. Most companies make stocks to fit both types (size) of tubes. Since you will be replacing the tube , just make sure the stock is made for what you install. Ammo related problems can be avoided by shooting quality ammo, as is not the case with the AK. Enjoy the accuracy..
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quality AR parts will interchange with every other AR except late model to present colts that have .170 diameter pins in the FCG instead of standard size .155 other than that you should be good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 Unlike AK's that need parts replaced  with almost every magazine change, it is rare to have to replace any part of an AR-15.  Welcome to the high quality and reliablity of the AR.

HuH?

Are you serious?

I just got my first 2 AK's last week. I was always under the impression that AK's were uber reliable..

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HuH?

Are you serious?

I just got my first 2 AK's last week. I was always under the impression that AK's were uber reliable..

Reliable and quality are two different things. The AK works no questions asked but it's the quality of craftsmanship that goes into the AR-15 that makes it 110% better. Also the AR series is far more accurate do to it's design.

Here is a great video explaining it. Video Link
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top