Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:39:49 AM EDT
I would love to hear from the experiences of anyone who owns the 9mm Carbine any brand.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Colt 6450

Lightweight, Cheap ammo and fun to shoot
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If I ever get my 6450, I'll let you know.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Olympic 9mm carbine that uses Sten mags.  I love it except for loading the damn Sten mags.  I am waiting on a stripped Colt lower to come in that I am going to SBR and do a 935 sub gun clone.  I also run the 9mm upper on my M-16.  9mm AR's are a blast!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]
They are fun, you can use really short barrels and the bullet will still stabilize.  Be sure to get a good mag block (I reccommend the Hahn block).

There is tons of info on 9mm setups in the Rimfire and Pistol Caliber Forum.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]
They are really fun to shoot! I shoot indoors at least once a week and shooting an M4 indoors gets old.  I built mine to have a ‘subgun’, something that is relatively quite, inexpensive to shoot and good for close range.  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite guns to shoot.  

Pics and Details
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Pistol Caliber Forum:

linky

I use a complete factory Oly 9mm.  I was at approx. 10K rounds when I broke the extractor.  It was replaced for free, and still ran when it was broken.  I now carry a spare.  The hammer pin broke at around 5K, and Oly sent me 3 replacements, free.  

I use the Sten mags and a Socom block.  I think there are some nicer blocks out there, now.  

I also have a .45 Oly with a PWA lower.  It runs like gangbusters with modified Sten magazines.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Cincinnati and it is much easier for me to go to the local indoor range to shoot a Pistol Caliber Rifle/Carbine than to drive several miles out of town and find a range that will let me shoot rifles as I please. I would get a regular AR-15, but the handgun caliber allows me to shoot 9mm, which is cheap. And cheap is good because I'm on a very limited colllege student income. I haven't used student loans to buy any firearms... yet. I was thinking about getting a 9mm AR in as short as legally possible (pre-SBR) and eventually getting it stamped when I settle down and find a semi-permenant place. Money also limits the tax stamp availablity.  Basically, I'll be getting a 16 (w/flash supressor) M4rgery in 9mm. I can't decide on brand or configuration. Yet. Any recommendations are welcome.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Fun to shoot, cheap ammo, can be used at indoor pistol ranges, what's not to like?

Some picture thread to get you thinking...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=245757

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=261292
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I live in Cincinnati and it is much easier for me to go to the local indoor range to shoot a Pistol Caliber Rifle/Carbine than to drive several miles out of town and find a range that will let me shoot rifles as I please. I would get a regular AR-15, but the handgun caliber allows me to shoot 9mm, which is cheap. And cheap is good because I'm on a very limited colllege student income. I haven't used student loans to buy any firearms... yet.

I was thinking about getting a 9mm AR in as short as legally possible (pre-SBR) and eventually getting it stamped when I settle down and find a semi-permenant place. Money also limits the tax stamp availablity.  Basically, I'll be getting a 16 (w/flash supressor) M4rgery in 9mm. I can't decide on brand or configuration. Yet. Any recommendations are welcome.

I have an RRA 9mm with a Hahn precision mag block.  With Colt mags, it runs flawlessly with any kind of ammo, and the Colt mags lock the bolt back on an empty mag.  With a Gemtech raptor supressor on it, its just a hoot.

Just so you know, I am from Cincinnati, and I have traveled back there with my 9mm AR.  The range North of Cinci (Targetworld, I think) would not let me shoot my rifle there.   Their rule - no rifles at all, except for rimfire.  Something to do with bullet velocity, I think.  So, you may want to check that out if Targetworld is where you are planning to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just so you know, I am from Cincinnati, and I have traveled back there with my 9mm AR.  The range North of Cinci (Targetworld, I think) would not let me shoot my rifle there.   Their rule - no rifles at all, except for rimfire.  Something to do with bullet velocity, I think.  So, you may want to check that out if Targetworld is where you are planning to shoot.

[loophole]take a 9mm AR pistol[/loophole]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]

I have an RRA 9mm with a Hahn precision mag block.  With Colt mags, it runs flawlessly with any kind of ammo, and the Colt mags lock the bolt back on an empty mag.  With a Gemtech raptor supressor on it, its just a hoot.

Argh! that is exactly what I was referring to. They had a sign out that said no rifle rounds or rounds more than 2000 FPS. The 9mm is much slower than that, but I was hoping they would let me shoot it. Maybe I should ask rather than assume. Yes, I know what happens when you assume. Targetworld is a pretty good place, other than that and will soon be a class III dealer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top