Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 10:51:23 AM EDT
Has anybody tried one? It replaces the pistol grip screw and has an adjustable screw inside that (I believe) helps to eliminate the trigger drop-off.

I don't mind the pull on my trigger but I hate the drop-off after the sear breaks. I was wondering if this device would be worth trying? I don't want to go into match or target triggers at this time since I really don't mind the trigger I have on this lower.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
That concept has been around 25+ years. The inner screw allows you to adjust the engagement between the hammer notch and trigger nose. It does not limit trigger overtravel.

To adjust both engagement and overtravel, get a JP trigger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That concept has been around 25+ years. The inner screw allows you to adjust the engagement between the hammer notch and trigger nose. It does not limit trigger overtravel.

To adjust both engagement and overtravel, get a JP trigger.

Thanks for explaining what the device does!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
you can do the same with a short set screw in the grip screw hole , and then you just put your regular gripscrew.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
you can do the same with a short set screw in the grip screw hole , and then you just put your regular gripscrew.

I was looking more for a way to limit the trigger over-travel. The trigger pull on this one lower of mine is just fine except for the drop-off after the sear breaks. I don't want to pay for a match trigger setup when I really don't want one in this one lower.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top