Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2005 6:31:14 AM EDT
I was looking at this 90rnd Drum set up

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MWGAR15

How well do these work?  Has anyone ever had any feeding problems with them?  What kind of maintenance is reguired on them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
None of you guys have ever used one of theses?  I find that hard to believe...some of you probably have a few setting on the shelf loaded up ready to go
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Never used them, but have heard they work fine.  They just make the weapon very unbalanced.  If you want a drum, get a BETA mag, and I don't even really reccomend that.  The durability/cost ratio isn't too good.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never tried the 90-round "snail" drums.  I have a 120-round Norinco that works like a charm and a Beta I haven't even taken out of the box.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to own one of hte 90 round snail drums and I did not care for it only for the reason of difficutly in loaidng it by hand to the full cacpacity. However, with a tool or after it has broken in this may not be an issue and it did work.

I have also had excellent results with the 120rd Norinco drums.

I have never tried a BETA.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I got one, use it every now and then, works great, you can only realistically get 70 or so rounds in it unless you have a steel thumb and bionic forearm.  Never had a misfeed from mine
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Have any of you who own one used a LULA to load it?  Did it work?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have any of you who own one used a LULA to load it?  Did it work?

I dont have a LULA, yeah I know I should get one..but I tried to use the mag loader that came with the Beta C Mag, it helps but wasn't all that great, didn't fit the MWG 90 Rounder snugly enough
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The loader for the 10 rd stripper clips work just fine for my FAL. I did buy a LULA for the AR, No problems. It works as adv.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The lula doesn't work for the snail or beta, I tried

I have the snail and beta loaded but I have never shot them
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top