Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:49:45 PM EDT
I'm looking to find a wood thumbhole stock for my AR-10.

So far I have found the following threads on this site:

Where to find ... wood stocks

SP1/A1/Viet era ... Wood

and JPrifles thumbhole walnut stocks.

I talked to JP and he confirmed that the current stocks for the AR-15 will not work on the AR-10s.

Their web site does indicate that they will be coming, and when I talked to them today it sounds like they have seen a prototype, but are waiting for some more work to be done.

The AR-10 line is a bit muddier in that the BAR-10, AR-10 and LR-308 are all a little different around the trigger area.

Yes, I have talked to Matt at Ironwood, and he currently has no plans of thumbhole (though I'm ordering a standard AR-15 walnut set that I hope to have at the end of the month , which will fit my AR-10) .

How many of you out there would like to have wood thumbhole stocks for your AR-10 rifles?
How many of you would like tapered cylindrical handguards?

Post and let me know.

I'll be pursuing this at the Shot show, and will report back on this.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to make sure that I've got this right. The lower part of the receiver (from the tube to the trigger guard) is dimensional the same between the AR-10 and the AR-15?

Visually, the Colt AR-15 SP that I have appeared to be a little smaller in that area than the AR-10.

If it's really the same, then I going to order my thumbhole todayhanks
Paul
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top