Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2003 6:12:18 PM EDT
I have a new AR-10 A4 16" coming in, can someone recommend a scope for around $100-200.  I don't know much about them, can I get a fairly decent scope for this price?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You might just look into the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x Mildot, lot of scope for the money.   SWFA has them going for like 189 right now with a free 99 dollar parka.

I've got the scope on my 300WinMag and it seems to be a pretty decent scope, bought it just for load development until I can afford something more substantial.    When I get a replacement scope for the 300WinMag I'm gonna put this scope onto my 20inch AR15 turning it into a spotter's rifle.

[img]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/Rem700/300winscope.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
NO.

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts much
longer than the sweetness of a low price."
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NO.

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts much
longer than the sweetness of a low price."
View Quote

Damn; that's deep!

Oh, yeah, you need to at least double your scope budget for that AR-10.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, I consider myself to be quite the optics snob.

Only reason I bought the 10x Bushnell was because I wanted to shoot my 300WinMag and develop loads while I wait till I can afford something like a Nightforce 5.5-22x or Leupold 6.5-20x Long Range M1.

Having used the scope a good bit, it's optics appear bright and it's mechanical movements are pretty good.    If anything is gonna test this scope, the 300WinMag is going to do it more so than an AR10.

Next up....    The Elite 3200 series used to be under the Bausch&Lomb brand but it appears that now all scopes are carried under the Bushnell name.   I've had a few gripes with a Baush&Lomb Elite 4000 6-24x that I own but it boils down to hookie turrets for a "target" scope and the fact that the 6-24x is a 17 inch long scope without sunshades making for a long reach to the adjustable objective.

Seriously, I didn't think I'd be as surprised as I was with the little Bushnell 10x.   It's serving it's purpose pretty well right now, learning the mildots plus actually getting quality hands on use with my 300WinMag.    Sometimes it doesn't hurt to have less expensive scopes in the collection for those times you wish you had a scope free to use on such and such rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top