Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2017 2:19:43 AM EDT
I am planning on purchasing a Nightforce 2.5-10x32.  I am buying a .5" extended riser, and will use either ARMS medium or low rings.  The medium rings would put the scope a little over 1.6" receiver to centerline, and the low will be a little over 1.4".  Which would be the better option?  I know the MK12 used medium ARMS rings with the swan sleeve, which makes it almost 1.6".  I just need to know which would be more ideal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless determined to have an authentic clone, ARMS is pretty low on my list of mounts, whether rings or otherwise.   If you don't need true clone, consider something better, perhaps Seekins.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless determined to have an authentic clone, ARMS is pretty low on my list of mounts, whether rings or otherwise.   If you don't need true clone, consider something better, perhaps Seekins.
View Quote
I'm going for an MK12ish style rifle.  I already bought some of the medium rings, but then thought low rings might be better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a personal preference issue, I like my scope centerline at 1.4". Iron sights are nominal 1.53". 1.6" is too high for me.

I can actually use 1.250", but it's tight. Anything between 1.375" and 1.5" is perfect for me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top