Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 3:17:18 AM EDT
Noticed this yesterday while I was removing my dust caps. The mount is able to slide along the top rail in direction of bullet travel, Side to side movement is nill. Is this going to be a problem? I was thinkning of making some shins to stop the movement. Do you think this is overkill as Grop size great for this type of rifle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#2]
streatched only after being relocated once. What would that be a total of 3 times the arm has moved. close open relocate close.

I am thinking clamping pressure is not enough, From your link seams if i try the wegde those min parts will fail.

rifle is only for 3 gun. I will need it in less than a month for Maryland 3 gun. Think I'll pack a spare rifle this time instead of just parts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one flat top that ALL my ARMS stuff is loose on; the same stuff is ok on all the others.  

Problem is, as Grant says, you're only option is to send it back to ARMS and see if they can send you a tighter one.  Depending on the upper, though, that might not help.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#5]
it has to be the upper
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I did not want to blame the upper. When I posted on the Al finish and anodizing issues, it got a little warm. So yeah my upper can be out of spec.

edit, Is that the STD LaRue mount in you pic, C4?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top