BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2003 12:57:38 AM EDT
Can you swap the aperture out or no?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless I am mistaken, the 40 is built just like a standard rear sight.  Knock out the roll pin in the knob, unscrew the axis and change the apertures.  Don't lose the ball bearing and tiny spring under the knob!

This also has the added benefit of ditching the horizon line notch.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Like Grant said, I swapped mine out with minimal problems. I think it took all of about 10 minutes. It was my fault it took that long though as I was unfamiliar with an ARMS #40 and was learning it's operation as I was disassembling it to swap the aperture.

It works great.

The Trijicon aperture is a bit thicker than the stock ARMS so the arm that locks the sight in the down position will be a little tight at first. Over time as it wears a bit of the finish off it get's easier to manage. You could always CAREFULLY use a Dremel tool to wear it down some. You'll see what I mean.

Edited to say, I bought my Trijicon sights from Grant, C4iGrant, I got a sweet deal.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Are the Trijicon's same plane? Or is it just the ashley's?.............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are the Trijicon's same plane? Or is it just the ashley's?.............UNDERDOG
View Quote

HUH?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top