Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/6/2004 1:13:27 PM EST
I just installed an evil pre-ban dead ban barrel, telecoping stock and ARMS #40 BUIS on a flat-top Bushmaster. My EOTECH 552RE was just a few clicks off of adjustment but pulled together just fine. The ARMS #40 is cranked all the way over to the right in order to align with the front sight on target. Is there something wrong here? Shouldn't this thing be centered with it's mount and not cranked all the way over to one side leaving NO windage adjustment?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:22:43 PM EST
From what you are describing, your new bbl is not properly indexed. Re index it if possible. You may need to replace the bbl if the bbl index is bent or broken off...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:26:27 PM EST
At first thought I'd say that your barrel (indexing pin) is not properly indexed in the slot on your upper receiver. It's not difficult to correct. Fixes range from loosening the barrel and smacking the FSB with a wooden or rubber mallet all the way to slightly widening the slot in the upper with a file. You don't have to move it much to see a result!

Check out the Troubleshooting Forum. You'll find a thread on this problem in the FAQ's.

HTH
Top Top