Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 10:04:48 PM EDT
Anyone know if I can change the aperture?  I don't like the one on it.  I have the one with the flat windage knob.  I put it down without having the big aperture up.  And I hate the cut half aperture.  What is that white line there for anyways????
Thanks,
Renny
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Take out the pin first, then you will be able to screw out the aperture.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The aperture can be changed, and really easily, too. The only tools you need are a 1/16ths punch and a small hammer. Personally, I think the half-cut aperture was put there to make the sight fit under optics (ACOG comes to mind) better; they just came up with that "horizon line" stuff to be able to pass it off as an "improvement". Keep in mind, that that is only my OPINION, and is in no way a statement of fact. Ok, having said that...

I like the XO same-plane aperture a lot, myself.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top