Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:43:11 AM EDT
OK, I'm looking at getting the ARMS #40 for my BUIS, but I noticed that there is also a low profile ARMS #40L, what is the difference between them and is one necessarily better than the other.  Also, I plan on getting an Aimpoint CompML2.  Will I need a specific ARMS to cowitness it and I was told I need a QRP spacer with my mount to cowitness with the iron sights.  My problem is that there are so many types of spacers, how the hell do I know which one I need?  Thanks in advance for your guidance and wisdom.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
disregard my question about mounting the aimpoint - i found a thread that answers that one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Best advice I can find regarding spacers and ARMS gear is to get a Larue Mount. You won't need to worry about it. Plus it's a little better design and quality control.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nobody else???
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The ARMS 22M68 mount was chosen by Aimpoint as a standard with their M2. If going off the receiver, you need the full spacer. If you are going to use just an Aimpoint which mounts best for use at a foward position, then you only need the ARMS #40A2 rear sight. If you may want to go to an optic that has magnification and extends over the top of the folding sight, then get the low profile #40L.  Both ARMS sights attach via a compact nut that doesn't become a knuckle buster, they also include a tube of lock tight so nothing can come lose. The ARMS products are the top notch in QC and are standard issue to US a allied militaries, and have been for many many years.
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top