Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 2:09:45 PM EST
How much is the rail height raised when using the ARMS rails, such as the S.I.R. or anything from the #38 series of mounts? Also, what are the heights for the various ARMS #22 rings (low, med, and high)?

I'm looking into the US Optics "Posi-Lock and Slide" mount, which is about 1.2" high, but that mount seems to be designed for the SR-25/AR-10. Would it be better to mount kind of low on a bare flot-top or kind of high on the ARMS rail?

Thanks for any input!
-Randy
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:17:54 PM EST
Alright, I got the heights for the #22 rings... Still looking for some more input.

Is it better to mount optics in 1.2" rings on the bare flat-top or on a ARMS #38 rail or SIR system?

Anyone?

Thanks again,
Randy
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:13:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:05:37 PM EST
Troy, seriously, I have probably read every post that you have on the site and think that you are one of the most informed people out there. I also know about the 1.4" optimum height for the AR-15 and the 1.25" optimum height for the SR-25, due to differences in the stock comb height in relation to the upper receiver rail height. (I've also read every one of Wes's posts, including the one on mounting a scope on a flat-top AR.)

My question is about the height of the ARMS #38 rails and SIR systems above the flat-top. I need to know these heights to find rings that will get me close to the 1.4" combined height when I add rings to the top of them.

Thanks again!
-Randy
Top Top