Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2003 10:53:03 AM EDT
Hello.  I have seen these long top rails on many rifles lately and am trying to find where I can get one.  They look like they are made by ARMS.  I am talking about the type of rails that are on these SPR rifle clones that attach to the flat top rail on the receiver and also attach to the rail on the forend.  Can anyone help?

Check out picture here.  Second one from the bottom: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=173331.

and here:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=173372&w=searchPop.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It ain't ARMS but check this out.

[url]http://www.rockriverarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=09&Subcat=Extended%20Mounting%20Platforms&storeid=1[/url]

Two problems I see: 1/ there goes your free floated barrel 2/ optics don't cowitness

Cool idea though. I think Armalite sells a similar rail.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
See the links in my beginning post.  They definitely look like ARMS products.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks to me an awfull much like the ARMS rails and the ARMS rails have a patent number on them, wonder if RRA got permision? Funny how ARMS comes up with obvious good idea's, and gets the patents, then others show how much they like it by making a copy. The same goes for a lot of things, like the trijicon reflex that Meprolight now copy.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
3rdtk,

Sure is funny how you are such an advocate of A.R.M.S. products, but yet you can't tell that these two rails attach in two totally different ways!

The A.R.M.S. SPR rail is designed to attach to a free floated forearm and flat top receiver to provide a continues free floated rail.

The R.R.A. rail attaches to the flat top upper and then to a rail top front gas block. No free floating here whatsoever! Not to mention the rigid rear AND FRONT sight that are built in.

These two rail are completely different and fulfill different needs! Most will agree that A.R.M.S. makes excellent products, but let's not start throwing mud every time someone comes out with something that is similar in the broadest since!

556mm
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean like this ARMS 38EX Mod L like I used to have that now sits on Treetop's carbine in that thread you posted?:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=235&iImageUnq=9313[/img]

Got it from Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about.  How does the rail attach to the forearm?  How much did you pay for the rail?  Thanks for responding.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The RRA rail seems to be a lot higher, or is it my eyes playing tricks on me [>:/]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the Armalite "SPR" rail. So much for irons. [url]http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/mounts_rings.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
No Mud, a perfectly logical observation. If you go and look up any patent to see what the claims are, you will see what the description is/are. The attachment is to the receiver, and anything it does out front doesn't matter does it, since it wouldn't work unless it first had to attached to the receiver. Other wise, it would be just another rail on a hand guard. The perfect alignment that ARMS has publically pointed out time and again in thier adds and placed the patent number upon sure looks like what RRA have mimic'd.
For all we know, Armalite may have a lic. agreement from ARMS, since they are an ARMS distributor as shown in the Armalite web. sight. RRA are not showing that they are a distributor of ARMS products are they?
Jack
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top