Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 10:59:11 AM EDT
Looking @ the #40 am I safe in assuming that all elevation adj. are done @the front sight. What are your prefrences in a BUIS ? ARMS, GG&G, BM, DPMS...?

........Paul
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You're correct, the elevation is adjusted via the front sight post.

The ARMS #40 is by far the best flip-up style BUIS availble at this time.  I know most of the people on this site will agree with this.

I have the ARMS #40A which has the full A2 small aperture, without the horizon cut.  IMHO the horizon cut makes the small aperture almost impossible to use and the sight is mounted too close to the eye to properly use the long range notch.

That being said there may be exceptions and another BUIS may suit you better depending on the purpose of your rifle and how it's configured.

HTH!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Knight's 300 or 600m flip up rear is a very good BUIS as well, and extremely low profile.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top