Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2013 9:08:39 AM EDT
I'm going to build my first 300 black out and I'm shopping around for a first barrel. I really like the price of the barrel listed on the shopper but there is not a lot of details about the barrel in the description and my search skills have come up empty.  I'm interested in the quality of the barrel, manufacture info would be nice as well.  Also, any first hand experience on accuracy and how well the barrel/rifles built with one of these barrels work/function would be appreciated.  TIA, Donald
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in the same boat as OP; tagged for answers; Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok I'm in on this one too. I'm building my second 300
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
tag as I am in same boat.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
We should start a support group...

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]
LMAO, too funny.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure which barel you are referring to on the shopper, but I just picked up a Daniel Defense, CHF, 16", 300 AAC barrel for under $300. It's the S2W (strength to weight) profile. I'll get some pics up today if interested.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
This one.  It's on ARFCOM's shopper for BF sales.
https://store.ar15.com/product.html?cat=-1&pr=689

Quoted:
Not sure which barel you are referring to on the shopper, but I just picked up a Daniel Defense, CHF, 16", 300 AAC barrel for under $300. It's the S2W (strength to weight) profile. I'll get some pics up today if interested.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Im probably going to get some hate from the Tier 1 guys but Alpha Shooting Sports has a decent product. Mine shoots amazingly.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd probably give it a try at that price. Looks like a fairly heavy profile as well. I ordered one of the ARFCOM IonBond bolts to try.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im probably going to get some hate from the Tier 1 guys but Alpha Shooting Sports has a decent product. Mine shoots amazingly.
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb436/hawkeye297/e7372d61-2b28-4b04-864f-93000963123d_zps28fd004b.jpg

View Quote

While you might be right about getting some hate, I have an Alpha barrel too and I'm perfectly happy with it.  Now I'd like to do an 8", but maybe next year

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

While you might be right about getting some hate, I have an Alpha barrel too and I'm perfectly happy with it.  Now I'd like to do an 8", but maybe next year

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb436/hawkeye297/e7372d61-2b28-4b04-864f-93000963123d_zps28fd004b.jpg

I found it on the EE when it was hard to get anything. I would buy from them again for sure. Hmm maybe I should start a Form 1
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I found it on the EE when it was hard to get anything. I would buy from them again for sure. Hmm maybe I should start a Form 1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pistol lower and Sig arm brace.  I'd rather pay sig $140 to find ways to make the ATF look like fools than pay fools for permission to use a gun and not break any laws.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I went with a Noveske 8.2" it came with a gas block and gas tube, it was a few bucks more than the other higher end barrels but when the gas block and gas tube are figured in, it is about the same price.

It is more accurate than me.

I topped it with a repurposed ML-3.

I live in a commie state so mine is a pistol, but it does wear a can, SDN-6
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:08:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pistol lower and Sig arm brace.  I'd rather pay sig $140 to find ways to make the ATF look like fools than pay fools for permission to use a gun and not break any laws.
View Quote

....until ATF decides the arm brace DOES constitute an SBR, and everyone has to get rid of or destroy them, or face the penalties of having an "unregistered" SBR.

of course, it's not like the ATF reverses any decisions made in the past, so you should be fine.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#15]
How about we keep this on topic and not use my thread to glad hand each other.  Myself and several posters at the first of this post wanted to know if anyone has any first hand info about the 300 blackout barrel ARFCOM is selling in their Shopper section.  It's just that simple. If you do not then please stop filling this thread with useless post about yourself, the BATF or anything else.  Thank you to the people that have something to post of real interest to my question.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Relax, fella.  Team membership includes the ability to "subscribe" to threads so that you can click one link and see the new activity in the threads you've posted in.  Just posting in a thread adds it by default to this list.

Would you rather some people have a semi-meaningful back-and-forth while awaiting a definitive answer to your question, or just clog it up with a bunch of posts that say "TAG!" or something of the like?

If anything, the string of frequent replies merely keeps your thread near the top of the forum....increasing the likelihood of a definitive answer.

In either case, it's the internet.  A thread you start isn't your personal property, nor should you get your panties too far up your vag if the topic is momentarily bent in a different direction until an answer to the original question arrives.  High blood pressure leads to all sorts of health issues, and unless you live in Colorado, New York, California, or Maryland these days, you don't have a viable excuse to have high blood pressure when it comes to the firearms-related hobbies.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Snicker...

And free bump for the over caffeinated OP.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I can tell you that the barrels are of very good quality and will serve ANY purpose you have very well.  I will not release manufacture information so don't ask.  Rest assured that ARF.COM only sells quality components and all of their manufactures and/or vendors have a personal relationship with a member of the arfcom team.  

You cannot go wrong with a nitrided barrel and I am willing to bet that this barrel will outshoot the majoity of users who pull the trigger behind it.  

My .02 .... buy one now and save some money, or buy a more expensive name brand product and wish you had bought this one while you had the chance!
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the info.

For 129, it seems silly not to at least try.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Bought one of these too, so I'm in on the support group.  

Kent

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Received my barrel today.  I'm a bit surprised that there are no markings on the barrel at all.  I would have figured the twist would have been stamped, and the caliber for sure.  I don't have a massive collection, but I'm sure some guys may have a hard time keeping track of barrel specifics down the road.

On a slightly more disturbing note, I see quite the ugliness in the bore by the gas port hole.  This look like trouble to anyone else?  Can I shoot this burr out?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R-i8jyBtdLY/UqKEbrGvSjI/AAAAAAAAIs0/NVkK_bW0pJs/w1152-h864-no/P1050598.JPG
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Received my barrel today.  I'm a bit surprised that there are no markings on the barrel at all.  I would have figured the twist would have been stamped, and the caliber for sure.  I don't have a massive collection, but I'm sure some guys may have a hard time keeping track of barrel specifics down the road.

On a slightly more disturbing note, I see quite the ugliness in the bore by the gas port hole.  This look like trouble to anyone else?  Can I shoot this burr out?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R-i8jyBtdLY/UqKEbrGvSjI/AAAAAAAAIs0/NVkK_bW0pJs/w1152-h864-no/P1050598.JPG
View Quote
Mine has the same gnarley looking gas port.  I don't think it will be a problem.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
[b]Quoted:Mine has the same gnarley looking gas port.  I don't think it will be a problem.  

View Quote

I'm hoping that will be the case.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Run a bore bush down it.  It will probably take care most of the issue.

MAHA
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#25]
shoot it out.  I bought a 16" .300blk barrel from SOTA arms for $129, cam with a burr also.  One shot and it was gone.  Its also a fantasticly cheap barrel that shoots great.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Tried that.  Didn't make a difference.

Quoted:
Run a bore bush down it.  It will probably take care most of the issue.

MAHA
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

What the heck is that all about?  Why no marking?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

View Quote

So in theory, one can just get this barrel and swap it into a basic 556 build?  Are there any other parts needed?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

View Quote

So in theory, one can just get this barrel and swap it into a basic 556 build?  Are there any other parts needed?
View Quote

As long as you have the tooling to do so, yes.  As for other parts needed....just ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top