Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2012 3:59:14 PM EDT
While with the family for Thanksgiving today, my father in law wants me to build him an AR w/ a dedicated .22cal upper with a slide fire stock. Ok, no problem, but my concern is how light of a trigger do I need to go with, to get the slide fire stock  to get this to work? Ive heard you need a light trigger to get everything working correctly, as the GI trigger wont work with the slide fire. Also, will a 2 stage trigger, like a SSA-E or even a SSA work, or do I need a light single stage work like in the 4.5-5 lbs single stage work?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
HKDUDE got his aluminum AR-22 to work with a1.5 lb Timney trigger, he advised the adjustable trigger is a necessary and he used a short reset.  Check out the pistol and rimfire section here on ARF.COM
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top