Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 7:01:01 AM EDT
Hi

Anyone know about where i can shop AR15 (or general M4/M16 stuff ) in New york (Manhattan)
If possible?
(i'm not from the US so...if iv'e missed any rules and regulations for the state of New york,kindly enlighten me.)
Otherwise, point me in the right direction. I'm interessted in stocks,magpul,attachments, tac-gear etc etc. (not especially gunparts, but more like add-ons and the like.)

/Duggen
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You need to come to Texas. We are much more AR friendly here!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck, AR's are off limits to peons in NYC. If you're not LEO/Military FORGETTABOUTIT.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Duggen -

If you're in Manhattan, I'd recommend you try to get a ride or take a train to Philly (its about 2 hours away).  At Classic Pistol (www.classicpistol.com) you cn see some black rifles and even rent for use at their indoor range.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Duggen:  No go in NYC.  Hard enough to find a gunshop, let alone AR's.  Best bet is on Long Island, a few stocking dealers within a one hour drive (assuming not rush hour).  Don't forget that all NY state sold rifles are still "post-ban", and mag cap is 10, unless specifically "pre-ban" manufactured.  Also, you need to be a documented resident of the state, and have valid (read:legal) h
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok ,thanx everyone for the info , but whatabout tac gear? (blackhawk vests,magpuls  etc etc) are they considered "illegal" too?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok ,thanx everyone for the info , but whatabout tac gear? (blackhawk vests,magpuls  etc etc) are they considered "illegal" too?

Maybe at a cop shop - but if you can't get the rifles why would the dealers stock the support gear?

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Not on that planet.

But you can get the soft-goods delivered to manhattan addresses, I do when I'm in the city. But keep the gun-parts out unless you have a long-gun permit , and anything AR-15 related is a definate no-no.

There are several surplus stores around the city but a lot butcher the surplus clothes for fashion and crap, and I don't think I've ever seen any real tactical gear beyond surplus stuff in any of them.

I got my blackhawk vest when galls.com had a good deal on them. never even thought about looking for it in the city.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top