Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 9:00:31 AM EST
Just like the 1911 pistol there are a lot of gadgets available for the AR15, oversize safties, bolt catches, charging handles etc. I would like to know what users think of these items, useful or ornament?
Thanks, DAVE
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:07:41 AM EST
I had to make a few mods because I am a lefty. The most important one for me was the Tactical Charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:09:55 AM EST
I think some are useful and some are not: The "tactical charging handle" thing I kinda like 'cause it helps with fast immidiate action (I know some recon guys like them). I personally see no need for the extended bolt catch, but some comp. shooters may like them, I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:16:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jivana108:
I had to make a few mods because I am a lefty. The most important one for me was the Tactical Charging handle.

I love my tactical charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:18:06 AM EST
if it makes your life easier, it's useful. for every stupid add on, there's somebody out ther who can find a use for it.

got an ar15?

got sights/optics?

got mags?

you're set. everything else is optional.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:18:35 AM EST
Extended bolt catch can be a bad thing if you are rubbing and bumping into stuff. As well as the mag release button. I am a big believer in a vertical foregrip, however only when mounted to a proper Handguard set. I believe in mounting metal on metal, not plastic to plastic.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:21:58 AM EST
I shoot left and right handed and use a stock bolt catch, Ambi MagCatch, DPMS Ambi Safety. And either a PRI big latch and or a gas buster charging handle. Nothing else is needed IMO.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:38:47 AM EST
I find it convenient not having to remove my hands off the handles when changing mags. The trigger finger ejects the mag, a new one goes in, same finger charges the bolt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:35:33 AM EST
I want to get a PRI tactcal charging handle for my DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:05:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By druncuncas:
if it makes your life easier, it's useful. for every stupid add on, there's somebody out ther who can find a use for it.

got an ar15?

got sights/optics?

got mags?

you're set. everything else is optional.

If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.

Somebody, I forget who, once said that.

Lonny
Top Top