Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:04:40 PM EDT
I have seen the prices range from $40.00 to $125.00 for a new a4 type carry handle ..how  much of this price difference is because it is a "name brand".  What makes one more expensive over another and how can you tell the difference?
Thanx for your help!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all name brand.  I bought a "Colt" one on the EE for $75 because I was retarded.  I guess I could claim it was a "Colt" carry handle when I wanted to sell it, but I'll probably hold on to it.  I don't even know how to tell who made the thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some imports - I ALMOST picked one up the other day at the funs hop for $35.00 - it was with a bunch of DPMS stuff.  But it  seemed wierd to me - guy told me it was a Samco I think from China.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish someone would do a Carry Handle ID thread and show pictures of various different types of handles currently availible and the markings which may be found on them. I feel this would be incredibly helpfull. Stay away from the 40.00 handles as they are likely imported garbage. I would advise buying a handle from a reputable manufacture like DPMS, Bushmaster or Rock River. Make sure you are buying the approrpiate rifle/carbine handle. Also make sure it is for a 1913 type rail as opposed to a Weaver-style rail. Armalite made some rifles with Weaver-style rails which are incompatible with standard carry handles. Buy quality set-up made by Bushmaster, Rock River or DPMS for around 80.00 and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my carry handle just this week for $75 shipped from one of the vendor on the EE, it is an RRA, can't wait to get it.  Wasn't aware though that there was a difference between rifle and carbine when it came to detachable handles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top