Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:35 AM EDT
So I recently purchased my very first AR15 and actually my very first firearm. I'm a Army ROTC cadet and intend to use it to improve my proficiency.  

Anyhow...While at the range yesterday, I encountered a major failure in the trigger. Not sure exactly what the part is called, but while I was 4 rounds into my magazine, the trigger got stuck and would no longer recess or pull forward. Tried doing the typical SPORTS techniques with no luck. It appeared that the pin that goes through both sides of the lower reciever got mis-aligned and stuck. Eventually I had to wiggle the trigger to get that pin re-aligned and it started working.

I've put about 1400 rounds through the weapon before it happened, and about another 40 rounds after I fixed it. The lower reciever is made by rockriver. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is this something I should contact either the merchant or rockriver about for fixing it? Below are some photos to better depict what I'm reffering to.

us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/4401e8cfz50c7ca55/e515/__sr_/be31re2.jpg?phgkfAEBeowI3Kck

us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/4401e8cfz50c7ca55/e515/__sr_/f55bre2.jpg?phgkfAEBKb_2v78s

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/4401e8cfz50c7ca55/e515/__sr_/be31re2.jpg?ph4UfAEBP20x3Kck

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/4401e8cfz50c7ca55/e515/__sr_/f55bre2.jpg?phgkfAEBKb_2v78s
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if every thing fits ok when you put it back together you should be ok. maybe some how you pushed the pin in by mistake. Or if they are real loose buy some bigger pins or some KNS anti-walk pins. make sure the springs are back in the right way too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
linky no worky
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
linky no worky

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
With the pictures not showing up, it sounds like your trigger pin walked out one side of the lower receiver. If so, after pushing it back in, make sure that the hammer spring's legs are on top of the trigger pin and that one of the legs is in the trigger pin's groove.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
trigger pin walk is a sign of the hammer spring leg not lining up with the recess of the trigger pin. The trigger and hammer pins are IDENTICAL and there's a center "notch" and a notch that is offset towards one end. One of the hammer spring legs will ride over this notch and hold the pin still. The center notch on the pin is used for the hammer's J-Spring (internal). Check to see your hammer spring is installed properly.

Another thing that could have happened was the hammer spring wire diameter is larger than normal and doesn't fit in the pin notch properly. Both legs should be ABOVE the trigger pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top