Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:21:07 PM EDT
I notice alot of online dealers sell these under various titles, are they all of similiar quality.  I need solid info as this system will be used on all of our sniper/spotter secondary weapon platforms....standard 14.5" Colt M-4 with permanant carrying handle.  Type of glass is not set in stone yet but will probably be short to mid-range in a Larue mount.  Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I notice alot of online dealers sell these under various titles, are they all of similiar quality.  I need solid info as this system will be used on all of our sniper/spotter secondary weapon platforms....standard 14.5" Colt M-4 with permanant carrying handle.  Type of glass is not set in stone yet but will probably be short to mid-range in a Larue mount.  Thanks for the help

When I scope my traditional uppers I use a Smith Enterprises Mount with Leupold PRW Rings.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The style of optic you are going to use will have a pretty important bearing on this decision. For example, Trijicon ACOG's and (I believe) Leupold CQT's are designed to mount directly into a carry handle and have adapters to be mounted to a rail. That would obviate the need for a separate carry handle mount. The ACOG's also have see thru bases for iron sight usage. I don't have any experience with the see thru carry handle mounts with the exception of the drop down style mount from Cavalry Arms which allows for a cowitness red dot sights like an aimpoint, and unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to shoot with one. I guess the gist of my post is that at least a somewhat clearer idea of what type of optic you plan to use (i.e. red dot, magnified, variable magnification, etc) will be helpful in determining which mount will suit your purposes best.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top