Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 3:48:06 PM EDT
Looking to buy a new AR.  I have shopped, and am considering an Olympic Arms model.  I am aware about some early quality issues, but understand that the late model rifles are OK.  The company offers a 60 day guarantee, and a lifetime warranty.  Any feedback would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion get something else. CMMG was offering bargain bin guns for $550 with extra $20 for a better finish. The ones I've seen were DPMS, and Essential Arms. YOu have no say in the make but I bet they are better than Oly.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the board.

I'd go with another brand, your asking for heartache getting an Oly.
Colt, LMT, CMMG, Stag, S&W, RRA, Armalite, ect....are all better choices.
If you buy cheap, you'll end up buying again, and again. Save yourself time & money in the long run, buy quality the first time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]

^ this man speaks the truth. I wont buy colt, but thats for customer service reasons.

CMMG is my top pick though for obvious reasons.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for CMMG!

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

^ this man speaks the truth. I wont buy colt, but thats for customer service reason

What kind of service would you require on a colt ar15?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I know alot of people hate this chart but, here

I OWN COLT, BUSHMASTER, AND RRA. EVEN ADMIT TO OWNING AN OLY 9MM ONCE. COLT AND LMT ARE YOUR 2 BEST CHOICES.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top