Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 2:50:54 PM EDT
My first semi auto rifle ever was a post ban bushy that I purchased when I just turned 18. They didn't have many accessories back then.  After nearly a decade, after few other preban rifles other than AR, I decided get my self another AR.

I wanted my M4 project to be all Colt. It will have all the goodies on it of course. I found a preban 16" A2 Govt carbine for a good price. It has a hinge screw front pin, and what appears to be a sear block. Will this lower fit a newever A3 upper? Since it has a A2 upper, is it fairly easy to swap A2 upper housing with A3 housing while using the old barrel to save cost? Since I plan to use FF RAS, barrel would have to come off anyway. Also, how much should I expect to pay for preban 16" A2 Govt Carbine in an excellent condition?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Thanks for your replies.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top