Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 9:55:41 PM EDT
I know many of you wouldnt want to try combining riding a horse and shooting an AR, but i wanted to know if anyone knew of a holster that would go on a western style saddle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried to find one for an Ar to put on my dirtbike. All of them I found for lever actions, shotguns and the likes. I ended just making it.

I had an old shotgun scabbard laying around that was for a pistol gripped shotgun. I cut the flap off. Split it down the spine cut out a square for the magwell so the rifle/carbine would fit a little more snug.

Used some of old nylon straps with buckles to secure it around my seat. It sits far enough back I can put it upside down(so the weight of the magazine is not hanging free weight) and carry it with a mag loaded. I'm sure a holster maker could build something out of leather real easily.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ted Blocker's in Portland, Oregon (www.tedblocker.com), does custom holsters and leather for tactical and western shooting - I know they're personally very involved in western competition shooting events.  I'm sure they would be able to build you something.  

I've never owned any of their stuff - I'm a Galco fan, but I've been to their workshop and can imagine they'd be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top