Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 2:14:13 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the picatinney gas block on an AR10(T) is at the same elevation as an AR15.  I'm trying to get an answer for someone who's looking to use an AR15 style picatinney flip up front sight with a Knights Armament 600m flip up rear sight.  Not sure if they will be close in elevation once mounted to allow for tweaking or if they will be way off. Thanx...
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the GG&G flip-up front and it'll be good to go with the KAC 600 flip-up.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you know how far off I'll be in elevation if I used an AR15 flip up front sight?  Can it be adjusted in?  I've seen an AR15 sight that I'd rather have over the GG&G.  Thanx for the help.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I need to know the same thing.  Assuming one uses a rear BUIS designed for the AR-15/M16, what sights will match it on the railed gas block on the AR10.  For myself, I am asking about the railed gas block on the AR10 Carbine.  Can anyone tell me for a fact that a front flip BUIS, designed for an AR-15/M16, is the exact same sight height when mounted on the AR10 gas block with picatinney rail as when mounted on the gas block of an AR-15/M16?  I know the AR10 carry handle and fixed front detachable sight are different, but does will all AR-15/M16 flip front gas block mounted BUIS match up with the AR-16/M16 rear BUIS?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't gotten an answer yet.  Do you know anyone with an AR15 front flip sight that could do a quick swap?  Please let me know if you find out. We AR10 guys need to stick together. By the way, did you happen to take the dive on the newly manufactured picatinney free floater? I'm sitting back for a while to see how it all turns out and if some competitors decide to jump in to drop the $$.  The guy's asking $299.  That's a little too step for me right now. $200 is my "buy now" price. Thanx...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I certainly want the FF railed tube myself, but since I don't have my SEBR Carbine in my hands yet, that will have to wait...  I have already decided to use either the 300m or 600m KAC sight on the rear, I just need to know which flip up to use on the front, but I suppose once I get the FF tube, I could just use the KAC flip front BUIS for tube rail mounts.  As soon as I can get an answer to this post's question, my order will be placed...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top