Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:33:01 AM EDT
I have tried and tried and tried to no avail!!!!  The closest I got was off the hip, but then I see a pic on the picture theard of a guy shoulder bumpin'.  I have AR's with and without 2 stage triggers. Which would be easier or any other hints to success??

THanks, Mike
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
weak springs and limp it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy a cheap old  AK.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Aim small, miss small.  Work on putting bullets where you want them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had my best luck bump firing from the shoulder with a very light single stage trigger (about 3lbs).  The only problem I have is that occasionally, the hammer rides down with the carrier.  If your single stage triggers aren't already light, buy a $10 spring kit from JP to reduce the trigger pull and try the 15minute trigger job.  You'll want a nice crisp and soft break.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

YES!  Don't practice being a poser.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Definately understand and respect your comment.  I just want to be able to do it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The reason to bump is just to have fun!
No practical use of this at all...
I have a Bushy dissy with a two stage and it is hard as hell to bump due to the weight.
Now on the other hand my 9MM bumps like crazy .

I will try to get a better picture next time, I want to show the fountain of cases coming out the port door!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm brand new to AR's but I was still able to bump on my first round of trying. Not my very first try, but my first few mags of attempts. So I can't really give too much advice, but I can cover a problem others may not think of.

First off, I couldn't bump from the shoulder. Tried once without any real concentration on my technique, so I'll try later. Then I tried on the hip and got it and had too much fun to bother going back to the shoulder. However, from the hip I basically locked my trigger finger in place by pushing it into my side. Didn't try it myself, but you might even be able to loop your finger around a belt loop. Then just grab the rifle and pull forward.

Second, the other problem I had was with mags. I tried with 20rd metal mags and bumped it all the way through. Then grabbed my 30rd Thermold(plastic mag) and couldn't get it to bump. Thought it was the different ammo I had, but then went back to my metal mags and success once again. Both the metal and thermold mags are brand new, have no semi-auto feeding problems, but the thermolds wouldn't work. Maybe they need to be broken in or maybe just no good for bumping. So if you have different mags, it might be worth a try to check them all out for bumping. And since it seems it's easier from the hip, I'd check them from the hip. Just lock your trigger finger in one point.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ANY TIPS ON BUMP FIRIRING??

Yeah - don't post about it here because 1,000 uptight range nazis will throw a hissy fit so bad you'd think their mangina got dropped into a Hesco barrier.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes - Don't do it.  Save the ammo for things that are going to help you like training and drills
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes - Don't do it.  Save the ammo for things that are going to help you like training and drills

What if he's training for bumpfire drills?

Fat finger a Jewell trigger and you can do a mag dump fairly easy.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if he's training for bumpfire drills?

Then he is hopeless...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Make damn sure you're above water.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Jeez, if the guy wants to learn to bumpfire, let him learn to bumpfire.  Just because our nifty black rifles have practical defensive (or offensive) uses, let's not forget that they can also be a lot of fun.  And bumping can be fun, if done effectively and SAFELY.

I'd tell you how, but I never bothered to learn.  But I've seen some guys who are perfectly capable of putting bullets where they want, whenever they want.  They can also bumpfire controlled, aimed bursts (eta: or mag dumps) from the shoulder -- so don't let the naysayers bother you.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The reason to bump is just to have fun!
No practical use of this at all...
I have a Bushy dissy with a two stage and it is hard as hell to bump due to the weight.
Now on the other hand my 9MM bumps like crazy .
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/joe1972/DSCN0686.jpg

I will try to get a better picture next time, I want to show the fountain of cases coming out the port door!

have to agree the 9mm is fairly easy to bump.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Jeez, if the guy wants to learn to bumpfire, let him learn to bumpfire.  Just because our nifty black rifles have practical defensive (or offensive) uses, let's not forget that they can also be a lot of fun.  And bumping can be fun, if done effectively and SAFELY.

I'd tell you how, but I never bothered to learn.  But I've seen some guys who are perfectly capable of putting bullets where they want, whenever they want.  They can also bumpfire controlled, aimed bursts (eta: or mag dumps) from the shoulder -- so don't let the naysayers bother you.

Thanks Change.  ironically, the place I saw this done was at Gunstock (AR15.com sponsored event) and I just want to be able to do it. I am an accomplished shooter at the range and in the field and just wanted to add another skill to my resume'.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Buy a cheap old  AK.

+1

7.62X39mm bumps like a MOFO.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]
hold your breath until you reach the surface
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Aim
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Change.  ironically, the place I saw this done was at Gunstock (AR15.com sponsored event) and I just want to be able to do it. I am an accomplished shooter at the range and in the field and just wanted to add another skill to my resume'.

My pleasure.  I'm all for training and tactics, but can't a guy just have fun every now and then?  Go to the Hun Farm this spring and watch some of the TX hometown guys.  There are a couple of accomplished bumpers who are regulars at the farm.

Like I said, I never bothered learning.  I can do it from the waist, but not the shoulder.  I just bought one of those gadgets that accomplishes a similar result for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top