Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 10:57:57 AM EDT
I CALLED THEM UP LAST 10/13/04(WEDS) TO BUY AIMPOINT AND MOUNT. I CALL TODAY TO SEE WHERE MY PACKAGE IS. THEY TELL ME THEY HAVENT EVEN SHIPPED IT. MAYBE TODAY OR MONDAY. I KNOW THERE SITE SAYS 2 TO 5 DAYS BUT COME ON. IT BEEN TOTAL OF 9 DAYS AND 7 BUSINESS DAYS. ANOTHER FACTOR IM NOW MAD AT IS PRICING ON SHIPPING $30 FOR AN AIMPOINT AND MOUNT. COME ON. I WOULDNT BE MAD IF THEY SEND PACKAGE BY NOW BUT WITH ALL THIS. IM GETTING MAD. I EXPECT SOME TYPE OF SERVICE.

If anyone has Aimpoint Comp M XD and M2 Cantilever Ring for sale i might cancel my order go with u thx. I understand about shiping. I just want to warn my borthers at ar and find other people who have had same experience.
PS im about to call them and cancel the order to teach them a lesson. We can only teach companys how to act by not buying from them thx
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
GG&G is known for two things. High quality products and low quality customer service. I suggest you take a deep breath, relax, and call them. Ask NICELY that they ship your order or refund your money. If you get your money back, go to the Equipment Exchange and buy from an AR15.com dealer. Let this be a learning experience for you. Welcome to the board newbie
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Lethal, It took about 4 weeks for my package to come in from them, I ordered the slim line rail mount adapter for my H&K USP 9 from them thinking it was better to order from the maker.

I called them, and they were courteous, but said they were backordered and would get it out ASAP. When I got the mount, I was very impressed with the quality GG&G puts into their products. You just can't be in too big a rush. Worth the wait IMO.

If you need a GG&G product quickly, order it from someone who carried their products and ships fast like ADCO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you need a GG&G product quickly, order it from someone who carried their products and ships fast like ADCO.

I was just comming back to add that to my post. _DR beat me to it.
ADCO Firearms is your friend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd chalk this one up to firearms industry. I'm not going to defend the vendor/manufacturer with the deadline, because they advertised it. However, having at one point worked in the business, I can tell you that things move a little more slowly regarding products and services in this industry.

Example #1: manufacturer X states in a full page ad in 'American Rifleman' that their new 9mm pistol will be out in "Fall 2002." This is hardly ever the case. One reason for this ad is to guage customer interest and demand. If it is strong enough, the product will be built and an appropriate number of units run. Otherwise...

Example #2: you take your beloved Colt 1911 to a gunsmith to have some custom work done on it. I challenge you to find a QUALITY gunsmith who will give you a date when the work will be done. It will be done when it is done. Don't like it? Fine. Find another smith.

Moral of the story: everything worth having is worth waiting for. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm.  I got an M3 light rail the day after I ordered it.  I was surprised at the fast shipment.

must be hit and miss.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I place a very large order with them Aimpoint, Aimpoint mount, PVS14, PVS14 mount and the front sling thing.  At the time I placed my order they told me that the PVS14 was being ordered from ITT and that they would have it in 2 weeks.  6 weeks later and after many calls I was finally told that they had received the PVS 14 but the Aimpoint mount was being made and I should have the order in 1 week.  I received the order in less than the week.  Their product is very good but I was not happy with the customer service.

Thomas
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Example #1: manufacturer X states in a full page ad in 'American Rifleman' that their new 9mm pistol will be out in "Fall 2002." This is hardly ever the case. One reason for this ad is to guage customer interest and demand. If it is strong enough, the product will be built and an appropriate number of units run. Otherwise...

Example #2: you take your beloved Colt 1911 to a gunsmith to have some custom work done on it. I challenge you to find a QUALITY gunsmith who will give you a date when the work will be done. It will be done when it is done. Don't like it? Fine. Find another smith.

FIRST OFF IM NOT TALKING ABOUT A NEW PRODUCT THERE ENTERDUCING(SP) IM TALKING ABOUT A PRODUCT THEY SAY THEY HAVE IN STOCK. I USED TO RUN A BUSINESS IN FIELD KIND OF(PAINTBALL) U THINK GUN COMPANYS ARE BAD GO TO TRY YOUR HAND IN THAT. 5 DAYS IS GIVING THEM A BREAK. WHEN I READ THAT ON SHIPPING TERMS I FIGURE THATS MAX. EITHER WAY BAD BUNISESS TO PISS OFF YOUR PUBLIC.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Lay off the capslock please, it is usually interpreted as shouting, and it's really hard to read.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#9]
lethalppl: I agree. They set a shipping window, and they didn't meet it. You have every right to be ticked off.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd chalk this one up to firearms industry. I'm not going to defend the vendor/manufacturer with the deadline, because they advertised it. However, having at one point worked in the business, I can tell you that things move a little more slowly regarding products and services in this industry.

Moral of the story: everything worth having is worth waiting for. Deal with it.

Speaking of good gunsmiths...
At the police dept I started out at, had a guy in town who ran a small firearms/gunsmith business out of his house. All our ofc's were required to carry stainless Colt Govt or Commanders. (I know... how sucky ) Anyways, if we ever had a problem with our guns, we stop by his house, and he brings us in the workshop, puts everything else on hold and fixes our gun right then and there. And wouldn't accept a dime for it. I had a broken slide stop one day, and of course I didn't have an extra part. TCO'd in 2 minutes. N/C.

Sometimes it's nice to know there's still plenty of good guys around.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#11]
They only offer good customer service to guys in AZ.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#12]
This isn't unusual when dealing directly with a manufacturer. Outfits like GG&G make their mortage payments with gubmint contracts. To pull a man off of a long production run to box up and ship one item to an individual has to be on a "time available" basis. Would you do any differently if you were in their shoes? Even the legendary customer service of CQB Solutions got shaky when the military started demanding everything they could produce; and they decided to shift retail customer service off to their dealers.

This is what we have vendors for. They front the money to stock inventory so the onsey-twosey buyers like you and I can get the stuff fast. I think you will find that the standard catalog prices of most of the vendors on this board constitute rippin, smokin good deals by any reasonable standard. And many of them (Grant comes to mind) get you the goods so goddam fast it's bewildering.

SD
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]
SD,

The exception as we both know would be Mark LaRue.

Mark always responded to my emails within hours and shipped stuff ASAP.

Oh and I sold my GGG Canti mount to go with LaRue. Shameless plug!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#14]
This isn't unusual when dealing directly with a manufacturer. Outfits like GG&G make their mortage payments with gubmint contracts. To pull a man off of a long production run to box up and ship one item to an individual has to be on a "time available" basis. Would you do any differently if you were in their shoes? Even the legendary customer service of CQB Solutions got shaky when the military started demanding everything they could produce; and they decided to shift retail customer service off to their dealers.

Depends on company some care about there customers. I read that they treat there dealers the same way so u cant say just small timers like me. I doubt they pull a man off of production run to box them off or this business is not run very well(AS WE CAN SEE ALREADY). They have shipments going out all the time to big and small. If they wanted to free time up to focus on big then they should do what other companies do sell only to dealeres, etc... this give alot more free time. But i heard that they dont give that good of deal to dealers so people dont sell there stuff.   I can see this is not run like real business. At least other guys blow smoke up your ass they dont even try. Call SUREFIRE see if they give u this kind of customer services. Call bushmaster. For price im paying for a mount very high price. I expect the best treatment and service or at least that they give a dam about us. When i was talking to him he act like he didnt even give dam. He couldnt find my info just that have not gone through shipping. I mean how bad company can u be not to know if i order something( or maybe he didnt give dam to look it up).
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#15]
believe me, we get your point
but I wouldn't get flamed over it,  just cancel the order (and without a parting shot at them about how you think their service sux-despite the urge).

take your business- quietly- elsewhere

plenty of good guys and alternatives on the Equipment Exchange, or even better yet,

Industry boards here.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
About six years ago I got the runaround from them and Bushmaster.  
I was trying to purchase the GGGAZ flip-up front sight from Bushmaster (they carried it in their catalog back then) and  it was back ordered for four months.  
After multiple inquiries I finally got word from BM that they would not be carrying the sight which I had originally ordered with my upper with the understanding that it would come installed.  They said GGGAZ would not be sending them any.  
So I called GGGAZ and asked about it, they said that they didn't believe BM would do a proper job of installing the front sight block.(???)
Only they could do it.  
Then they proceeded to say they also recommended to have the barrel re-parked in case any non-parked areas were exposed.  

Bottom line: if it were up to them it was going to cost me close to $300 just to get their $180 sight on my upper.  $180 for the sight ('installation included')+ $60 for the re-park+$20 for shipping each way (not to mention the shipping I had already paid for from BM for what in my eyes was still an incomplete upper).
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#17]
dude i think we should get group of people and each write them a letter telling them how we are unstatified with there service and maybe they will change. Anyone got mount that compared to gg&g mount i m canceling my order if they have not shipped it today lol.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
My orders with GG&G have always been smooth.

My only gripe is that I had to go through THEM (and pay retail), because no one was stocked with what I needed at the time!

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife's HK USP sports a GGG rail mount adapter that was purchased directly from them. Her order was filled promptly and efficiently.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I waited 6 weeks for a BUIS once.  At the end of 6 weeks they told me another 4 weeks.  At the end of that 4 weeks they told me to wait another 4 weeks.  I finally gave up on them and cancelled the order.  I think they need some new management.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I can highly recommend SWFA for optics
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Overall my experience is that they will ultimately come through. But expect some bumps...
First time I ordered the whole package for an upper: sights, forearm, sling mounts, eotech, etc.
The order took way to long to get shipped, but eventually they shipped it.
All was well except the front sight which was defective.
They did replace the front sight.
The sight they sent back had a different defect.
They replaced that one and, to their credit, went an extra mile that resulted in an outstanding upper.

They do need to tighten up their shipping.
The holes in their QC are puzzling.
(It's soooo annoying when you see an obvious flaw and have to send something back!!!)
But man, they make a fine product when they pay attention.
and as I said: They stick with you till it's done. Least they did for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Lethal,

shop   with this outfit

and you wont have any of those problems...and $ left over vs 3G
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:56:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a question about one of their products and sent a pic via email to try to help clarify the problem.  Their email response:  "we do not download anything from sources unknown. If you would like to send me a picture by mail and can let you know".  In today's age of computer technology and instant information, you would think they could make it safe to open files from customers to aid in problem resolution.  They have a website for Pete's sake!!  Their product quality is very high and they provide some unique products, but I was turned off by that and I only shop there as a last resort/only if they are the sole provider of the product I need.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#25]
ok i got a update on my package supposely they shipped it friday oct 22. using fedex i should have it this week sometime. If so i take back all bad things i said about them in my head.That means it only took 7 business days. LOL. i dont know why im so mad anyways i dont have a gun to mount on, yet. I think was principal and way they acted on phone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#26]
They have always had great customer service when I needed to use it.  One time I ordered the wrong Tactical Impact Device for a Surefire flashlight (it was my mistake).  They were nice and let me send it back for an exchange without even charging me a restocking fee.  All of their products are top notch too, by the way.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
i got my aimpoint and cantlever mount. DUDE that mount KICK A$$. There stuff is great. Just hope customer service comes around. Really once it shipped was not that bad 3 days and i got it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#28]
ok i got a update on my package supposely they shipped it friday oct 22. using fedex i should have it this week sometime. If so i take back all bad things i said about them in my head.That means it only took 7 business days. LOL. i dont know why im so mad anyways i dont have a gun to mount on, yet. I think was principal and way they acted on phone.

WOW,, Just goes to show that the board has a new member that is paying attention to customer complaints (i.e. gggaz.com)Glad you items are coming to you. Just remember, IT'S ALL GOOD!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top