Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:30:20 PM EDT
side part that tightens just broke on mine.  Excuse me while i go kick my own ass
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
No spare parts for ours, the whole assembly gets traded in. Either try the company or get a KAC instead.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
How soon do you need one?  I made a few before, but my time is coming at a premium right now.  It may take a couple of weeks.  I made them 50 thou thicker, more "soldier proof".

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Fill out the 2404, turn it into your Armorer, have him put a new one on your rifle and all is good
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fill out the 2404, turn it into your Armorer, have him put a new one on your rifle and all is good

That poor guy’s probably thinking……..”24-O what?”  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats true, I shouldnt be so hard on the guy, Call up the Manufacturer, ask for someone in their Civillian Sales Division and have them send you some replacement parts

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats true, I shouldnt be so hard on the guy, Call up the Manufacturer, ask for someone in their Civillian Sales Division and have them send you some replacement parts

Awe you guys are cruel!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awe you guys are cruel!

No, actually I've IM'd with silveradoguy17 before. And if he remembers me he knows my stance on the MATECH’s, and he should know I’m not making fun of him.  

Silveradoguy17, thank your father again for me for his service to our country.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Ebay has one.  Here's the link to the auction.

Link to Ebay auction
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awe you guys are cruel!

Not really.  They guy has a stolen military issued part. A part that because of the theft, a Soldier or Marine might not have on his weapon.  You know, somebody that might actually have to use it to defend his life, multiple times.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Who gives a shit if the guy has one.  When I was in the Marines Bill Clinton didn't buy us shit.  Now the military gets everything.  If a Marine or soldier doesn't have a fucking Matech, well, I guess they can do what I had to do--BUY THE FUCKING GEAR ON THEIR OWN!!!  Nobody is going to die because they don't have a rear sight.  They will have a red-dot, scope or they will have the regular sight the original M-16 comes with.  Stop being such a piss about this issue.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#11]
So the site sponsor who was selling all of these not too long ago stole them?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Who gives a shit if the guy has one.  When I was in the Marines Bill Clinton didn't buy us shit.  Now the military gets everything.  If a Marine or soldier doesn't have a fucking Matech, well, I guess they can do what I had to do--BUY THE FUCKING GEAR ON THEIR OWN!!!  Nobody is going to die because they don't have a rear sight.  They will have a red-dot, scope or they will have the regular sight the original M-16 comes with.  Stop being such a piss about this issue.

I don't know who you think you are. But I know it isnt going to go well. If I were you I would edit/delete your ignorant BS post.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#13]
No one I know in the Army likes those things, If you tighten them just a hair past what they say then it breaks. It took me 4 of them to get it right
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]
"I don't know who you think you are. But I know it isnt going to go well. If I were you I would edit/delete your ignorant BS post."

I will edit nothing.  Just speaking my mind and attempting to end this stupid debate.  If you have a Matech and you are not in the military, amen brother.  If you are in the military and don't have one, well I guess they are crap anyway so you better buy something better.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Why does the Army use these if they're crap? Just cheaper?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Because the Army does nothing that makes sense. They have people that make sure that things make no sense before they use it or do it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
SADNESS BIG TIME!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I recently purchased a surplus HMMWV and now some poor officer has to walk to the chow hall.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#19]
this is better than a chick fight!  Thanks to mongo.  He machining me one prolly as we speak, and ray, ill be sending the money order tomarrow, im me sometime for my home address.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
yea i know quibs stance one it, quibs a pretty good guy, so lets see a pic of it quib...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

hr

I have emailed the company twice and have gotten no reply at all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Some observations on these things:

1.  Experts at work say these bars appear to be stamped and hardened, both of which could put a stress point on the thinnest part.

2.  An unbroken one I have plus some I have made don't make good contact on all bearing surfaces - the receiver and the sight assy itself.  A few I made exaggerated the bad contact (due to miscalcs on my part).  What this does is put undo stress on the thinnest part of the bar, mostly due to uneven contact and an angular force being applied to the bar.  When you tighten the cap screw, it snaps because it isn't fully supported.  This can also be partially due to differing receiver specs, I think.

Not all probably do this, but it appears a large number do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I recently purchased a surplus HMMWV and now some poor officer has to walk to the chow hall.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:14:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yea well I just purchased a roll of ripstop parahute silk, so now guys have to jump without chutes!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Do like most of did Put it on auto and pull the fucking trigger. No one aims in a firefight, everyone is on auto."The Wall of Steel" as we called it. Whomever thinks that they are aiming at specific tagtets don't know deer shit from coffee beans. For any one to say he may need it to save his live is an idiotic statement. No one and I say no one is on semi, everyone is on auto, believe me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Do like most of did Put it on auto and pull the fucking trigger. No one aims in a firefight, everyone is on auto."The Wall of Steel" as we called it. Whomever thinks that they are aiming at specific tagtets don't know deer shit from coffee beans. For any one to say he may need it to save his live is an idiotic statement. No one and I say no one is on semi, everyone is on auto, believe me.

Ya know, the old Psywar would have just called you an asshat who needed a 10 Digit grid and at least 3 other people to find your ass.

But in the spirit of the New Psywar I have to say:  You posting, while interesting does not match up with other accounts of combat in the Iraq Theater during the GWOT, as posted here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=269656  and thus is suspect.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:50:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Times change in 30 years and so do tactics.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Times change in 30 years and so do tactics.

Your icon is very appropriate for this thread and jark.]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I wouldnt want you guys in my platoon. And I never heard the term "asshat" I dont where you guys are from but its probably where they have very few teeth. Ask some of the 19 year olds that are there if they use their scopes and keep it on semi. Guaranteed they say NO.  You guys dont know shit. You sit behind your computer and make judgements. Be there then talk to me. Stay home and think you know combat strategies. Have someone wanting to KILL YOU and tell me its on SEMI with your $1000 scope attached. I dont care if it 100 years ago, someone wants to end your life. I'm putting out as much lead as I can. This is a combat situation not paintball. So wake up Read a book or talk to some veterans who have been in this situation at 19 or 20. Get some feedback and have some facts not gereralizations.  "ASSHAT" stupid southern term I guess or a Coast Guard term.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I wouldnt want you guys in my platoon. And I never heard the term "asshat" I dont where you guys are from but its probably where they have very few teeth. Ask some of the 19 year olds that are there if they use their scopes and keep it on semi. Guaranteed they say NO.  You guys dont know shit. You sit behind your computer and make judgements. Be there then talk to me. Stay home and think you know combat strategies. Have someone wanting to KILL YOU and tell me its on SEMI with your $1000 scope attached. I dont care if it 100 years ago, someone wants to end your life. I'm putting out as much lead as I can. This is a combat situation not paintball. So wake up Read a book or talk to some veterans who have been in this situation at 19 or 20. Get some feedback and have some facts not gereralizations.  "ASSHAT" stupid southern term I guess or a Coast Guard term.

I didn't have a "scope", but I did keep my rifle on semi, all the time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#31]
This is a good thread to put the "Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten" pic, if anyone has it still.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#32]
"ALL THE TIME" yeah right. you must have been a cook or a clerk or maybe burning shit at LBJ. Oh, thats Long Bihn Jail in case you didnt know. Where the fucking deserters went before they got sent  to Levenworth. Semi didnt exist thats why I'm still here. I probably saved your ass a few times too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"ALL THE TIME" yeah right. you must have been a cook or a clerk or maybe burning shit at LBJ. Oh, thats Long Bihn Jail in case you didnt know. Where the fucking deserters went before they got sent  to Levenworth. Semi didnt exist thats why I'm still here. I probably saved your ass a few times too.

Um, sure dude.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You're one badass mofo. Can I have your autograph?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#35]

So, what's the view like from the shuttle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I predict this will end badly.  So have fun!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I know this is off Flame but.......

Got my part from mongo001 today.. Very well made by him. If you lose or brake yours.  Go talk to mongo001 Its worth it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
How soon do you need one?  I made a few before, but my time is coming at a premium right now.  It may take a couple of weeks.  I made them 50 thou thicker, more "soldier proof".

img118.imageshack.us/img118/328/dsc020657ry.jpg
img46.imageshack.us/img46/1541/dsc020663cy.jpg

Many thanks to mongo for the matech bracket, very sturdy, very nice.  

THIS MAN KNOW HOW TO MACHINE SOME METAL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I call

you must have been a cook or a clerk

So what if he or some one he knew was a fucking cook or clerk.  Your so baddass yourself.....
Without the cook, you wouldnt eat, and you would die before you could click your rifle over to auto.
Without the clerk, you wouldnt have any fucking ammo to waste.

No one aims in a firefight, everyone is on auto

No one huh?  Not a single person? Is that what they teach in boot these days?  This isnt staples dumb ass, the auto switch is not teh easy button.....

You sir are a GRADE A asshat, you must be Teh Hardass soldier of the 21 century

And my old man was a supply clerk and LMTV(sp?) driver in iraq, does that make him less of a soldier?

you sir, can fuck off, for shitting on my thread, saying shit about clerks and cooks, and being an all together dumbass

But dont worry Jark, I had Subway today.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

How about ASSCLOWN instead?
Yup, this was sitting in front of my computer right?

ETA, you must be SF or Ranger batt boy right?  Since NOBODY else in the Army has a full auto M16 or M4.  Or are you in one of the Guard units that still hasn't upgraded from A1's?  I'm sure that there must still be a few around unfortunately.  Not because the A1 was  POS, but that any unit that couldn't afford to also wasn't able to afford any other decent gear.  It was like that when I first switched from active to guard.

And, I really don't give a damn what people under Clinton had to buy for themselves.  You want to play the game of "it was harder back in the day," then let's play.  Back in the day the soldiers under Washington had to wear rags instead of boots.  Pretty stupid game isn't it?  We have the better equipment and gear now.  It sucked that it wasn't there under Clinton (and that's when I first joined), but it's available for most now.
Saying that the BUIS isn't that needed because the red dot is there???!???  Um, BACK UP iron sight for when the CCO or ACOG breaks.

The only times I've actually trained with my M16 or M4 on burst was in OSUT, and then at one those ranges that are in Kuwait when we first landed and were still getting all our gear in.  We had one range simulating firing on cars that were attempting to ram a barricade.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#42]
    Rule of thumb is SEMI.  Imagine everyone in your platoon Spraying and Praying at once.  You will be combat innefective shortly.  Usually a Soldier/Marine with optics is not going to shoot in burst mode.  I know my platoon doesn't.  
    Most of the time we go on BURST is in a convoy.  Kind of hard to take well placed shots while driving as fast as you can.  Burst increases your chances of hitting your target whether you're moving or the enemy vehicle is moving.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Auto huh? We only had burst.

And NO nobody goes full auto or burst in a firefight. You need to have precise shots not some "wall of lead". You have 249's and 240's for that.

Maybe in your airsoft world you can go full auto Jark. Stop being a fuckstick

11B, OIF I & III
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread sounds like a job for.......................................................TANGENT MAN!!!!

Sorry....................................a geek joke..............................notice the tangent line on the circle on his chest.  My true math geekness shows its ugly head.

Anyway, from needing a BUIS part to field tactics.........................................off on a real tangent to get there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
So the site sponsor who was selling all of these not too long ago stole them?

Since I bought one off the EE here I'd like to know the answer to this. You can beleive me or not, your choice, but the ad did not indicate it was stolen federal property when I bought it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I tried to contact MaTech to find a replacement mounting bracket and hex screw and after the second E-mail I received this word for word response from their Civilian Sales Manager, a guy named Ray Hitchens:

"Good Afternoon Matt,

It is currently illegal to sell the BUIS commercially, some people were selling them on ebay until the government looked them up.  In the near we will be able to sell them commercially.

Ray Hitchens
Sales Manager
MaTech
27120 Ocean Gateway
Hebron, MD 21830"

I don't know if he realized that I was trying to buy replacement parts or if he thought I was trying to buy their BUIS itself, but anyway, his response didn't really answer any of my questions other than whether or not I could purchase the parts I needed from the manufacturer.  I don't know if that makes the existing MaTech BUIS's out here illegal or not.  I have seen some exact copies made by Tokyo Marui or some Airsoft company or another, and they were engraved with the exact factory markings that the real BUIS has, which is "MATECH OGU83".  I couldn't tell the difference between the copy and the ones we are issued in the Guard . . . I don't know why it would be illegal to have a back up iron sight though, peep style rifle sights have been in use by all countries for almost a century now.  Also when we do our sensitive items checks the BUIS is NOT listed as a sensitive item, the M-68 CCO is however listed, and it has been for sale on the civilian market as the Aimpoint Comp M-2 since before the Army adopted it.  By the way, here is the link to a company selling a MaTech BUIS copy, I hope it works,:  http://www.hyperdouraku.com/airgun/m4a2/page5.html   They have some nice hi-rez pictures of it I think.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#47]
"Clerks and cooks," huh?

Seems like if I recollect my history right, a bunch of "clerks and cooks" did reasonably well at a little place called Bastogne.....

Lonny
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I've got an extra Matech peice thats new if someone wants to give me $15 for it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top