BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 11:55:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
BM uppers?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I doubt that! Not coming from Wes. Besides those don’t look like 11.5 inch barrels. I’d bet that they’re LMT.

Wes, I sympathize with you. It must be hard to put so many round down range, especially with that giggle switch you have.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I think its the purple color he was refering to. -Justin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh, right. I didn’t get that joke.

The uppers that I’ve gotten from Wes, have not been purple.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I SIGHTED THESE IN WHILE DOING THE FIRE-LAPPING AND BREAK-IN. IT IS AMAZING THAT FIVE UPPERS WOULD ALL INITIALLY SHOOT SO CLOSE POA/POI AT 25 YARDS.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Wes, how specifically do you fire-lap your barrels? Was this specified by buyer or just your SOP?

Rmpl
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet.  As always, I want your job.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sweet.  As always, I want your job.

+1
i'll shoot those uppers all day long for you, who cares if there's an eothing on it.  are yall hiring? will relocate myself
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't know you could fire lapp a CL barrel. Interesting. -Jutin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Smooth talk = smooth barrel. Nice tip. -Justin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#13]
If this don't beat all!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The kicker is, Wes gets paid to do this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
FULL AUTO IS NOT ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE, REALLY. NONE OF THE HIGH SPEED MILITARY TYPES USE IT. OF COURSE, IT CAN BE ENTERTAINING.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Quoted...cuz I believe this is the most enlightening statement I've ever seen posted in this forum...

Bravo, sir.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FULL AUTO IS NOT ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE, REALLY. NONE OF THE HIGH SPEED MILITARY TYPES USE IT. OF COURSE, IT CAN BE ENTERTAINING.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Quoted...cuz I believe this is the most enlightening statement I've ever seen posted in this forum...

Bravo, sir.

I don't think it's much of a revelation that the real world application of automatic fire is pretty much limited to the use of suppressive fire and perhaps a few other special instances, but it's still fun enough to make as giddy as a school girl in pink.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Wes, what are you using to fire lap CL barrels?

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Bravo, sir.

I don't think it's much of a revelation that the real world application of automatic fire is pretty much limited to the use of suppressive fire and perhaps a few other special instances, but it's still fun enough to make as giddy as a school girl in pink.

+1 to that!

It’s been almost 11 years since I’ve been able to “play” with full auto weapons, and I miss it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Bravo, sir.

+1 to that!

It’s been almost 11 years since I’ve been able to “play” with full auto weapons, and I miss it.

I find that the more full-auto guns I put in my safe the less I feel like shooting them. I went to the range on Sunday and only took my SPR and bolt gun.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
MAYBE YOU CAN'T. MAYBE IT'S THE WAY I TALK TO THEM THAT MAKES 'EM WORK.
WES

Then keep sweet talking them, both SS and C/L. Your SS barreled uppers sing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Are more contractors going aimpoint or eotech??
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Wes -

I almost missed your thread because the title was not in BOLD.  

Nice work as always.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Bravo, sir.

Agreed, and thus Mr. Grant's  caveat, "OF COURSE, IT CAN BE ENTERTAINING".

I was just making a personal observation, FWIW. Taken in the context of 'practical' application of the basic AR platform as a personal defensive weapon, I think his statement speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I swear markm, as time goes on your making less and less sense.  Seems to be part of your plan though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I swear markm, as time goes on your making less and less sense.  Seems to be part of your plan though.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top