Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:07:39 PM EDT
any suggestions on a lower for my BCM middy 14.5?  does it really matter? or should i go with BCM lower to keep it all in the family?  Or 2 stage LMT w/ SOPMOD  or RRA?  Any feedback appreciated for noob.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you a lefty.....if not you would be hard pressed to find a lower better than a lmt w. sopmod and lmt tube with a lmt 2 stage.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
the reciever itself doesnt matter really.  Spikes, stag, any tier 2 or 1 will be good.  DPMS and lower... 90% chance of being fine... but with the supieror arms and spikes deals at AIM, id get one of those.

If you want a 2 stage or match 1 stage trigger, it may be cheaper to get a combo but IDK for sure.  gissele is supposed to be coming out with a 3gun 1stage match trigger soon(the noveske shooting team has them to try out).  To be honest, id get  a cheaper lower(does not really matter) and put one of them in there.  But thats just my $.02.

Quoted:
Are you a lefty.....if not you would be hard pressed to find a lower better than a lmt w. sopmod and lmt tube with a lmt 2 stage.

this may be a good deal, but i dont know the price.  the reciever itself is about $100, the sopmod is about $200, comfy, but if im spending that much, i want a club-foot style(like the modstock or emod).  tubes are about $25.  I have never heard about the lmt 2stage so if your looking into it, i suggest you get some reviews and price it out to find what kind of deal they have.  FWIW, im pretty sure trident knows his shit so definitely look into it, but price everything out before you purchase.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Go with a spikes lower or a bcm either one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I would keep it a BCM and then drop a 2 stage in it and add the Sopmod.........LMTs are beautiful, but I am anal and want everything to match lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]
LMT complete lower, comes with excellent furniture and a damn fine trigger. Good resale value also.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
For my 14.5 BCM, I went with a BCM blem lower (minus stock) added my own stock and she's good to go. Don't worry about the blem being something bad, you'd be hard pressed to find anything bad (besides the small "c" stamped on magwell). You have many great choices already mentioned, I don't have to have the upper/lower match, but I do prefer a great lower for my great uppers.
So many options are available
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an all BCM 14.5" carbine and 16" middy. I kinda like the idea of it being all BCM
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Any Mil-Spec lower will work just fine.  I actually went with a Tactical Innovations brand lower for my BCM upper.  I liked the price, I liked the pictogram roll-marks, and I liked the fact that it has a tension screw to help keep the fit tight after several thousand rounds.  The color match is also very good.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#9]
outstanding info guys.  really appreciate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#10]
get a BCM lower. it just makes sense!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
get a BCM lower. it just makes sense!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Another vote for a BCM lower, love my all BCM middy:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I would go with whatever roll mark you like the best. Currently I own a spikes, double star, and mega lower. The mega is my favorite and I have owned it for almost 8 years. It has probably had 8 different uppers on it because I keep swapping around.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd go with the LMT, followed by the BCM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like what i have seen and read about Mega machine shop.  If I don't go w/ BCM lower, I will probably lean towards LMT, Spikes, Mega.  I would HATE it if I got something different and it didn't match up well (especially in terms of fit).  I know people on here go apeshit and it doesn't matter and all that but I'm the one forkin out the dough so I obviously want to be happy.  I do like the fact I can get everything together w/ the LMT (SOPMOD, great trigger, resale etc.....).  I really don't know about me putting together a lower myself.  Low on patience and didn't get the handyman gene in my DNA.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I am putting mine on my LMT lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top