Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2003 8:18:31 PM EDT
From what I have heard, the muzzle blast from an AK is usually a lot louder and more unpleasant then that from an AR15.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on which end of the muzzle your hearing it from.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
if you standing next to me, while comparing my 16" AR w/ Kurts A2tac brake vs. Ak with 74 brake.. the guys at the range seem to dislike the AK the most, but thats due to the mechanics of the brakes being used.  As the shooter, I find my AR about 100% louder.  I also made the mistake hthis weekend of taking ONE shot without hearing protection.  Let's just say, I wont ever be doing that again!  I experienced immediate hearing loss accompanied by a slight vision impairment (due to very sensitive hearing).  Needles to say my senses went into shock mode.  My hearing in my left hear didnt fully restore until the next day.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If youve got an ak-74 type brake an ak will throw noise and crap all over anyone beside you. The armalite brake Im told is pretty nasty if yuor not the one firing it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top